These days, so many kids have an exact list of what they want this holiday season. While this makes your job as the parent easier, it also takes a lot of the fun out of gift-giving. What happened to the shock and awe that used to come with Christmas morning?
Well, it’s about time that we try to bring that back, and, hopefully, this guide on the types of gifts that you can surprise your kid with this year will help with that.
Get Them a Monthly Subscription
Nothing is better than a gift that keeps on giving. In the past, monthly subscriptions were mainly things like magazine subscriptions.
Now, they come in the form of care packages that have unique items inside. Some are focused on learning, while others are more about exclusive collectibles.
It comes down to what you think your kid would appreciate the most. It’s hard for a child not to get excited about getting a new gift box every month, like these Disney subscription boxes.
- Child-friendly Subscription Boxes to Install Values in Children and Suit their Needs
- Best Jewelry Subscription Boxes For Your Mother
- Food Subscription Boxes For Instant Home Cooking: Is It Worth The Price Tag?
Buy an Outdoor Toy
Since the holidays are in the winter, many kids forget to include summer toys on their lists. This leaves this category full of potential for you to surprise your children with.
One outdoor toy that will surely bring a smile to their face is an electric ride-on car. These are starting to make a comeback due to all the new features they include now. Regardless of what you get them, though, they’re sure to love it.
- Pros and Cons of buying an ebike
- Girl Bikes Buyer’s Guide For Families
- Top Tips for Teaching Kids to Ride a Dirt Bike
Make Them a Homemade Craft
It’s nearly impossible for a kid not to feel shocked by a homemade craft, especially since they usually make those for the parents. Obviously, you need to have some level of artistic talent to make this one possible.
Even if you’re not a Picasso, you can come up with something your kid will cherish. Plus, making something with stuff you already have at home will help the old wallet out.
- Keep kids entertained with these crafts using your printer
- 10 die-cutting hacks that help you ease your craftwork
- Arts and Crafts Ideas With Common Household Items
Take Them Somewhere Fun
Not all presents have to be tangible, which is why our last type of gift that you can surprise your kid with this year is to take them somewhere they’ve wanted to go. It could be a local event or a theme park that just opened a new ride.
Of course, not all of these places will be open in the dead of winter, but packaging up some tickets or a written promise to go next year will surely take your children by surprise and excite them.
- Weekend Getaways from Lubbock: Day Trips and Scenic Drives Near Lubbock, TX
- How to Make Your Next Family Road Trip Remarkable
- Vacation Bucket List: Activities for Families to Do on Vacation
- 9 Unique Birthday Gift Ideas for Kids in 2021
- Gift Ideas for Girls
- Non Toy Gift Ideas For Creative Kids
- 7 Christmas Gifts for Active Children
- 5 Great Gifts For Kids Who Love The Outdoors