Craving Mexican, but low on cash and the desire to go out? Here you go!
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 can Cream of Chicken Soup (use about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it’s well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the soup, salsa, cheese and chili powder and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Place the tortillas onto 2 baking sheets. Spread about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press the edges to seal.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the filling is hot. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes: Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- 25 Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes to Get Dinner on the Table FAST!
- 50 Deliciously Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- 12 Ingenious Ways to Put Food on A Stick
- Italian Chicken Bake
- Whole Chicken in Crock Pot
- Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wedge Salad Recipe
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
Latest posts by RAKI WRIGHT (see all)
Mark @ How To Cook in Oven says
Thanks for that, OK I had to share this recipe! Its Healthy AND everyone will love it AND it goes great with almost everything -Sweet Potato Fries!
Ingredients for for Sweet Potato Fries
1 Sweet potato per person
non stick cooking spray
Salt and pepper or seasoned salt or cinnamon (it depends on the flavor you like best).
Preheat the oven to 425F
1. Wash sweet potatoes.
2. Peel Sweet Potato (this works better if you steam them for 4 minutes first but its not necessary).
3. Slice lengthwise into � inch strips
4. Place strips single layer on 18 x 26 x 1� baking tray that has been lightly sprayed
6. Spray the tops of the sweet potato fries with butter lightly
7. Sprinkle the seasoning (cinnamon,salt and pepper, or seasoned salt) over tops of the sweet potato fries
8. Bake the sweet potato fries in 425�F oven for approximately 20 minutes
9. remove from oven and serve!
My favorite is the seasoned salt but I did have them with cinnamon one time and they were really good!
mark @ How to Cook says
Mexican desserts tend to be rich, delicious and really unique. If you have never tried a Mexican dessert recipe before, you have definitely missed out. There are so many wonderful Mexican dessert recipes to choose from and choosing the best ones can be difficult.
Carrie Groneman says
THANK YOU for sharing this yummy recipe at the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow
Bridget/The Recipe Wench says
Oh yeah! I’m the biggest fan of Mexican food … ever! It looks delicious and I can’t wait to try it! Cindo de Mayo is just around the corner…. Thanks for sharing this recipe on the Inspire Me Mondays Link-Up. It’s always wonderful to have you with us!
Thanks for the reminder about Cinco de Mayo. I will have to check out recipes I’m sure will be shared at your party. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.
Always enjoy your recipe. Today I will try strawberry sweet rolls at home.persian grocery store