Craving Mexican, but low on cash and the desire to go out? Here you go!
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 can Cream of Chicken Soup (use about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it’s well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the soup, salsa, cheese and chili powder and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Place the tortillas onto 2 baking sheets. Spread about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press the edges to seal.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the filling is hot. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes: Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas