Are you looking for a better-for-you Game Day recipe featuring traditional football food like buffalo wings?
Disclosure: This post is part of the blogger program by Naturally Fresh® and The Motherhood, who compensated me for my time and the development of this recipe. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
I’m so excited about this weekend – the Super Bowl! Although I am NOT a football fan by any means, I do enjoy watching the Super Bowl with my husband and kids. We pick teams to cheer on, indulge in some great eats, and enjoy a little family time.
When I think of the Super Bowl or football games in general, I think of wings…usually buffalo wings. I decided to try something a little different this year – to make a salad. I know my kids won’t eat these. To be honest, my husband probably won’t either. But, I know I will.
So, I thought, I wonder if I can take the buffalo wings theme and turn it into a salad. Here’s what I came up with:
Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wedge Salad
1 lb chicken breast, grilled and diced
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
2 hearts of romaine, quartered lengthwise and cores removed
Cheddar-Jack shredded cheese
½ cup Naturally Fresh® Lite Ranch dressing
- Grill or saute chicken breast over medium high heat. (Grill for about 8 minutes or until cooked through. Saute for about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.) I like to sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder and saute in olive oil.
- Allow chicken to cool, then dice into bite-sized cubes.
- Toss cubes in buffalo sauce.
- Place 2 romaine quarters on each plate. Sprinkle with buffalo sauce-coated chicken breast. Then, sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle with Naturally Fresh® Lite Ranch dressing.
Preparation time: 16-22 minute(s)
Yield: 4 servings
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES
- 25 Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes to Get Dinner on the Table FAST!
- 50 Deliciously Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- 12 Ingenious Ways to Put Food on A Stick
- Italian Chicken Bake
- Whole Chicken in Crock Pot
- Easy Mexican-Style Recipe: Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
About Naturally Fresh®
Naturally Fresh® offers a line of high-quality, homemade-tasting salad dressings and dips with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Their Lite Ranch dressing is a delicate blend of fresh, cultured non-fat buttermilk, which produces a creamy, rich, and smooth ranch dressing, with half the calories of the original. This dressing makes an excellent dressing for a traditional salad or wrap. Also works well as a dip for vegetables or topping for potatoes, Buffalo wings or other meats. Give mashed potatoes a kick by substituting for butter and milk.
Naturally Fresh® products can be purchased at Kroger and Publix stores in the refrigerated section. Use the free Naturally Fresh® mobile app to locate their dressings, dips and sauces at your nearest store.
This Buffalo Grilled Chicken Wedge Salad Recipe packs all the flavor of tasty buffalo wings without the added calories. The lettuce adds a crispness, the buffalo sauce adds a deep, spicy flavor, and the the cheese and dressing complete the dish with a rich creaminess.
Five lucky readers will win one (1) coupon for a free 12 oz. bottle of Naturally Fresh dressing. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Ends 2/13/15 at 11:59 pm EST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway