Are you looking for gift ideas for a baby shower? This simple list will give you four practical ideas that the parents to be are sure to love.
When it comes to gift giving, have you ever heard the phrase “want, need, wear, read?”
Instead of buying everything that you think that a baby MUST HAVE (which usually includes cheap, or useless items), I make it a goal to buy them four items.
1. Something mommy/daddy WANTS (for the baby).
2. Something baby NEEDS.
3. Something for baby to WEAR.
4. Something to READ (to baby).Following this saying not only simplifies the gift buying process, but it also causes me to put more thought into what to buy for baby and makes it easier for me to find higher quality, American made gifts.
Looking for a splurge item to give the parents to be?
Isn’t this Animal Love Organic Rattle Toys Set the cutest?
The set includes three baby toys: the owl, monkey, and giraffe rattles in gender-neutral shades of cream, grey, and brown. These tactile infant rattles will keep baby entertained with their soft cotton feel, unique shapes, and soothing rattle sounds.
Estella’s baby toy rattles are all made with Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton. This means that it is safe for babies, the earth and the people who work on the fabric. These are handmade in Peru with soft non-jarring rattles.
GOTS assures that the cotton yarn is grown with minimal pesticides and chemicals which means that the end product is safe for the kids wearing the clothes or playing with the toys, the farm workers who handle the raw materials and the environment is spared of toxic chemical run offs.
This coupled with the handmade nature of most of their products makes them a little more expensive, but worth the expense.
Diapers are always of need when you have a baby. They go through dozens every week. I like to buy size 1 or 2 instead of newborn size. They grow out of those so fast and so many people bring them as a baby shower gift. In case you’re curious what else baby needs, here are 4 Tips for Sticking To Your Budget With a New Baby.
Babies are really simple. If you have a summer baby, the items baby will wear can be as simple as this:
- Onesies x 7
- Sleepers x 7
- Jumpers x 1
- Hat x 1
- Bibs – several
My favorite books for babies:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – It follows the development of a newborn caterpillar on his trail through a multitude of snacks and his transformation into a butterfly.
- My Very First Mother Goose – Stylized animal characters help to introduce young listeners to the pleasures of sing-song language.
- Close Your Eyes – A mother tiger encourages her restless cub to settle down to sleep by describing the dreams he may have, reassuring him that she’ll be there when he wakes.
- Is Your Mama a Llama? – Simple, rhyming stanzas and bright, silly illustrations carry readers through Lloyd the Llama’s quizzing of his friends about their mamas.
- Goodnight Moon – The poetic story follows a little rabbit preparing for bed as he says goodnight to everything in his room, and the world outside his window.
More Baby Advice:
- 6 Ways To Throw A Unique Baby Shower
- The Expert Parent’s Survival Guide for Your Brand New Crawler
- 5 Creative Baby Shower Gift Ideas
- Shopping for Baby
- 5 Can’t Miss Tips for New Moms from Experienced Moms
- 4 Tips for Sticking To Your Budget With a New Baby
- How to Balance Your Career When You Adopt for the First Time
What are your favorite gift ideas for a baby shower?
How do the plush toys hold up in the wash?
I like to switch up my gifts for baby showers, but the one gift I always have to give is a copy of Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. It perfectly captures the relationship between a parent and child and expecting parents always love the book!