Moving is an inevitable part of life. Whether you are a DIY type of person or always reach for the phone book, a case can be made for leaving moving to the professionals.
This is a guest post by Marcela De Vivo:
Moving. The word conjures up excitement over new space, furniture, decorating– new everything…and dread over the actual packing and storing and, well, moving. The actual process of relocating to a new home can be rife with difficulties, as well as mentally and physically exhausting.
Sorting through all your worldly possessions and then figuring out how to appropriately pack everything can be challenging. And, unfortunately, it seems like moving –no matter how many times you do it– never gets any easier. Thus, you can look for the reliable removalists perth.
However, moving can be potentially much less stressful if you hired professional movers of Montreal to handle the logistical side of things. Hiring a moving company might mean a greater cost (though not always). And, as with all services, there is research involved in finding the right agency; but in the end, this effort can be worth your while.
You can also check Change of Address Online to help you with a checklist you need when you are moving houses.
If you’re balking at the cost of hiring a mover to help you relocate, consider the following reasons why a professional is a good investment.
1. Extra Time for Family. If you are moving with pets, children, or aging parents, a professional mover can go a long way to easing the process for both you and those for whom you care. Change is difficult; and moving increases stress especially among dependents. Having movers handle the details frees up time for you to focus on the concerns and issues of your family.
2. Accurate Inventory. A moving company quickly and accurately takes an inventory of all your belongings. Rather than you spending your time cataloging your furniture, clothing, kitchenware, knick knacks, books and other miscellany, rely on the professionals to label and track your possessions (especially when they are responsible for the disappearance of items, see point eight).
3. Accountability. A moving company is accountable for your belongings and responsible for seeing that it all arrives safely and unharmed. Moving without the safety net of a professional company means that you are responsible for insuring and ensuring that your possessions are moved without damage.
4. Efficiency. Professional small movers have much more experience than you do in the art of moving. They are practiced and know the pitfalls, how much to pack in a box and all the little details involved in packing and moving that only experts would know. They are experienced with inventorying and maximizing space usage and are much faster when it comes to moving.
Move office with Family Movers, If you’re contemplating a long-distance move, there’s nothing to be afraid of. You could save money if you did your own research and hired local movers, like Austin movers. It is true that hiring professional movers may potentially be less stressful; however, it does come at a price (though not always).
5. Financial Savings. Initially, hiring professionals night seem more expensive than doing the move yourself. However, when you take into consideration the cost of insurance, rentals and packing materials, as well as any incidentals like hotels, gas and food while driving or time lost at work, the overall cost differential may be less than you expect.
Also, if you consider the emotional, mental, and physical toll of packing and moving by yourself, the hiring professional movers can become economical, especially when you consider the physical — hospital bills from injuries incurred while moving something unwieldy or heavy can end up being significantly more than just hiring an agency. (However, be sure to include a tip for each employee hired for your move.)
6. Strength. Movers are much more physical adept for heavy lifting than the average person. They are often trained to lift furniture, appliances, and other heavy boxes safely. Also, with much more moving experience, their muscles are better trained for activity.
7. And Numbers. Not only are professional movers more organized and efficient than you in moving, but also they also usually come in a crew of three or more people. Rather than attempting to round up friends with the promise of dinner, your eternal gratitude, and the promise to help them move when it’s their turn, moving companies provide professional movers.
8. Reduced Potential for Injury. When you are not responsible for lifting heavy items like appliances, furniture, boxes, or preparing items like cars or machinery for moving, you significantly reduce your chance of injury. People with little practice or training in loading and unloading large and weighty items put themselves at risk whenever they attempt to move around something unwieldy.
Movers have tools and skills needed to accomplish all of these things without trouble. This is even more true when you’re moving things bigger than just average home furnishings — heavy machinery, for example. For small home business with office or other equipment, most apparatuses need to be taken apart before it can be moved. Professionals are much more adept at handling these needs.
9. The Right Moving Tools. The proper tools can make the move much more efficient. Dollies, hand trucks, skates, moving blankets, these are just a few of the tools that professional movers will bring and employ during your move. If you moved yourself, you would have to invest in renting these items. These tools reduce the risk of injury while handling large and heavy items.
And if you have large items like professional or business-related heavy machinery, or if you simply need tow a car, hiring a professional not only reduces chance of injury but also ensures that the item will be moved without being damaged as only professional movers are likely to have the necessary equipment and know-how.
10. Less Stress. One major benefit of hiring help for your move is peace of mind. Hiring a moving company is a great way to free up your time so that you can focus on other aspects of your move (like your family or preparing the new location or saying your goodbyes to friends and co-workers). It takes one very large item off your to-do list; an item that has lots of little other details that require attention.
From start to finish, there are numerous pieces that you’ll have take care of, which can be even more time-consuming and stressful than initially imagined. Hiring professionals means that you don’t have to worry about renting and driving truck, damaging your belongings, or possibly injuring yourself in the process.
Marcela De Vivo is a freelance writer and online marketing professional in the Los Angeles area. She works with Dunkel Bros. heavy machinery movers, and having just moved into a new home, knows all the stresses of moving by yourself. Connect with Marcela or Facebook and Twitter.