Are you looking for a checklist for how to pack for your weekend camping trip or hiking trip? These essentials will make your trip safer, more fun, and easier to enjoy.
Have you heard of the Daytime Emmy Award-winning series Rock the Park? The show celebrates the National Park Service’s 100 years of conservation and historic preservation of America’s national parks.
On the series, Jack Steward and Colton Smith, the co-hosts and best friends, tap into America’s love affair with national parks, taking viewers on a journey to some of the most awe-inspiring places on Earth.
“I recently had the opportunity to interview Jack and Colton. I asked them each to share their favorite “camping and hiking essentials.”
Top 10 Camping And Hiking Essentials
1. A good pair of boots! Having the right hiking boots will make you more comfortable and less likely to get injured. ou can check a great ugg boots outlet online to get a pair of sturdy boots for your camping trip.
2. Plenty of water! A good rule of thumb is to bring at least 3 liters per person for a day of hiking.
3. Plenty of clothing layers! You want to make sure to have clothing for any situation. Always bring a rain coat and multiple layers for warmth.
4. A sturdy tent! Make sure you buy wall tents for sale or bring the right tent for the conditions. Having a sturdy tent can make all the difference!
5. The right sleeping bag! Sleeping bags are made for a variety of temperatures. Try to bring the right bag for the job. If it’s summertime, maybe ditch that subzero bag!
7. A rain jacket. Spend the extra few dollars and get a top of the line rain jacket. Getting wet in the wilderness can be a great risk. Even on a warm summer day, night temperatures can get frigid, you want to stay dry!
8. A warm pair of socks. You might get wet and cold during the day, have a large pair of wool socks tucked away in your sleeping bag.
9. Dry bags. As you can see, staying dry is a large focus of mine when I’m camping. Store all your extra clothing layers in dry bags, your food, sleeping bag, everything. Put it in a dry bag. It could save you some headaches.
10. Food. Of course you’re going to bring food when camping, but what kind of food? Pack food that you WANT to eat. Not because you have to but want to. Looking forward to a good meal can boost everyone’s energy.
You can keep all of your camping and hiking supplies in an enclosed trailer from www.southerntrailerdepot.com.
You can also check out blog.camperville.net to learn more about hiking.
About Jack Steward, Colton Smith, and Rock the Park
Jack Steward and Colton Smith, the co-hosts and best friends, tap into America’s love affair with national parks, taking viewers on a journey to some of the most awe-inspiring places on Earth.
Jack and Colton are experts and can help families across the country plan for an amazing vacation in their own backyard! The importance of family-friendly programming and how a show like Rock the Park appeals to viewers of all ages.
More Posts for Families Visiting National Parks:
- 10 ways to embrace America’s national parks
- 10 off the beaten path hikes
- top 10 camping and hiking essentials
- 10 must-see natural wonders
- 10 tips to plan an amazing vacation in your own backyard