Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Before you get to decorating your baby’s nursery, stop and take some time to consider the best paint color for it. You’ll want a calm, soothing, and versatile color to last as your child grows up. We have just the tips for choosing the best paint color for the nursery.
If you’re looking for a gender-neutral nursery color palette, consider these shades:
- Tan/chocolate brown
- Golden yellow
These colors are easy to change when your child grows up and can help you avoid buying all new décor in the future. Color can also improve your child’s development.
Your Favorite Colors
Another tip for choosing the best paint color for the nursery is to start with your favorites in mind. The nursery is a place for rest, and you are going to be spending a lot of time there with your newborn.
Try to choose colors that won’t strain your eyes after long periods of time. Choose colors that match any furniture and accessories. This way, everything looks uniform and cohesive in the room.
Before shopping for paint, consider your home’s current color scheme. If it’s a small space and you’re planning to paint the walls, make sure that your nursery doesn’t look too overwhelming by choosing a light or neutral shade. If your home has neutral tones throughout and you want to add some bright color in an area that can stand out on its own, consider using a bolder hue.
Easy on the Eyes
At about one month, babies can detect the brightness and intensity of colors. Full-color vision doesn’t fully develop until around four months old. Blue, yellow, and green are the easiest colors for a baby to see. Other warm tones are more difficult; they look like a blur when placed next to each other.
Choose a Paint Finish
There are three main paint finishes to choose from when painting your nursery: flat, eggshell, and semi-gloss.
- Flat paint is the least expensive option and will give you the most bang for your buck if you’re on a tight budget. It’s durable but not as long lasting as other options.
- Eggshell paint is the middle ground between durability and price. It’s less likely to peel or chip over time than flat paint, but it also costs more than regular flat paint does.
- Semi-gloss is the type of finish that will last longer than regular flat or eggshell paints do, but it’s more expensive than either one.
Choosing just the right color for your baby’s room is an important decision, and paint color is the most important factor in how the room will look.
- Nursery Decor Tips For Welcoming Your First Baby
- 6 Must-Have Items for Your Baby’s Nursery
- How to organize a studying corner in the nursery
- Tips On How To Set Up A Nursery In Your Home
- 4 Helpful Tips for Cleaning Your Baby’s Nursery
- Mom Tips: Necessities and Equipment You Should Buy Before the Baby Arrives
- 6 Fantastic Ideas To Consider When Designing Your Baby’s Room
- Ways To Prevent Your Toddler From Escaping the Crib
- The Top Accessories For Your Baby’s Nursery