11 easy ways to pamper yourself for under $20.
While being a mom is one of life’s greatest joys, it also requires a lot of time and energy and taking care of your family can be a bit overwhelming.
Moms deserve to be pampered. Often, it can be hard to carve out the time (or the funds) to do something just for you. But, hopefully, you can find something on this inexpensive list that’s enjoyable and just for you!
Here are some ideas moms can use to take advantage of any free moments they have and make time for themselves.
- Pedicure: What is more pampering than soaking your feet and legs in warm, bubbly water, followed by nail grooming, and a foot/leg massage. Finish with your favorite color. Sexy! I love this foot bath.
- Manicure: Don’t forget to treat your hands to a soak in warm water, nail grooming, and a hand/arm massage. Finish with your favorite color. Beautiful! This nail kit will help you.
- Massage: You will have to take a budget shortcut on this one and visit one of the kiosks in your local mall for a 10-minute shoulder and back massage. Or you can cheat with a massager. If you want to splurge,the massage envy cost is worth it.
- Facial: “One of the biggest benefits of face sheet masks is that they deliver product deep into the skin in a concentrated way.” (Source) These face mask options by Brilliance New York Skin care include gold, caviar, and diamonds.
- Hair Style: Depending on your salon and its prices, you can choose a wash; wash & style; or cut, wash & style. The point is to receive a relaxing hair experience, provided by someone else. A head massager or a shampooing brush will do the trick, too.
- Coffee: My infallible daily routine includes my morning (and sometimes afternoon) coffee. I love a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato or a great medium roast coffee with 2 tbsp of French Vanilla, Hazelnut, or Caramel flavored creamer and two packets of Sweet N Low. Don’t miss my Ultimate Checklist for Selecting the Best Keurig Coffee Maker.
- Ice Cream: A cup, cone, or pint of butter pecan ice cream does my sweet tooth good. (Yes, I know I have to be careful, since I’m diabetic.)
- Wine: I’ve recently taken a liking to Moscato and Sangria. I’m no wine connoisseur, but I’m sure you could get a bottle of your favorite type of wine under budget.
- Meal: Have lunch or dinner at a favorite restaurant alone. Sometimes my family doesn’t like the same type of cuisine or restaurants that I do. So, I can enjoy Chipotle, Panera Bread, or El Rodeo, all by myself. Maybe even a little dessert or cocktail on the side.
- Movie: I remember a few years ago when the Sex & The City movie was released, I took the day off because we were moving. I visited a locally-owned theater, bought my ticket, and enjoyed every minute of it. By myself.
- Book: Visit your favorite bookstore, pick out a book you want, and stay there to read it in one of their comfy chairs or couches.
Even if you don’t like anything on this list, I hope you will think of things you can do just for you. Alone time, doing something you enjoy, is a recharging experience that you deserve.
In this post, I’ve got three suggestions on how to free up time to pamper yourself. There are also a few more ideas for spending your free time to refresh and rejuvenate.
How do you pamper YOURSELF?
For More Ideas on How Mom Can Take Care of Herself:
Photo Credits: mesaj, prefeiturasetelagoas, uncalno, kennejima, chsia, crobj, 61323575@N08, dyobmit