In a fitness-oriented society, people nowadays are increasingly concerned about their body image. When diet and exercise do not achieve the results expected, body contouring procedures are an option. One of the more popular fat-reducing techniques is freezing which CoolSculpting is designed for.
CoolSculpting is a branded noninvasive body contouring technique that involves a fat freezing approach to suction skin like a vacuum to targeted areas of concentration. It is said to permanently reduce unwanted fatty bulges through a process called cryolipolysis. Fat cells are crystallized and begin to die. In time, the body naturally begins to metabolize the treated fat cells. CoolSculpting helps flush the damaged cells from the body leaving the patient a more contoured physique.
In addition, it is the popular choice of clients who are seeking permanent fat-loss without the invasive nature or the expense of liposuction.
The benefits of CoolSculpting are as follows:
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration) Approved in 2010 so it is safe and effective.
- Effective Results. Clinically proven fat loss. Studies show that there is a 73% patient satisfaction rate over other technologies offered in the market.
- Minimal to No Downtime and Recovery. Patients can resume their schedule after their 35 minutes to 1-hour treatment. Temporary side effects like mild soreness, redness, and numbness will not restrict the patient to be in bed or absent one’s self from work.
- Targeted Fat Reduction. CoolSculpting is built to target the areas of choice, resulting in localized fat reduction. It is effective in stubborn parts resisted by diet and exercise such as: abdomen, thighs, under the chin (double chin), flanks (love handles), Bra bulge (pinchable area below the armpits), back, upper arms and buttocks. It eradicates 20%-25% of fat.
- Lower Cost than Surgery. Unlike Liposuction, the patient will not have to pay for the operating room, anesthesia, medication, and other expenses necessary.
- Painless, Low-Risk Procedures. No anesthesia is used, nor is there bleeding involved.
- No Scarring. No incision is involved therefore no scar or keloids can develop.
- Noticeable Results. Initial results usually occur and will become more evident in around 2 to 3 weeks’ time. Continuous gradual improvement will follow once dead fat cells are expelled from the body.
- Approved for All Skin Types.
- Long-Lasting and Natural-Looking Results. Traditional methods do not lose the fat cells, CoolSculpting eliminates them permanently.
Before and After CoolSculpting
This freezing noninvasive technique is favorable to patients who have loose skin, want a better fit on their clothing, to look better in swimsuits, have stubborn fat in specific areas, prefers a non-invasive procedure, and most of all, improve their well-being.
CoolSculpting is an aesthetic (cosmetic) treatment and is not covered by insurance. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) estimated a treatment cost to be in the $2,000 to $4,000 range depending on the size of the target body area, additional treatments, and location of the clinic.
Several medical facilities such as a plastic surgeon or dermatologist clinics to spas may vary in price depending on the treatment program that they will provide you for your problem area. Some of these providers may also offer attractive payment schemes.
RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS OF COOLSCULPTING
Just like any procedure or treatment comes to its risks and side effects. Some of the more common ones include the following:
- Tugging at the Treatment Site. The doctor will place a roll of fat between two cooling panels on the target part of the body. This creates a tugging or pulling sensation.
- Pain, Stinging, or Aching. The intense coldness the skin is exposed to during treatment may be the cause. It usually occurs after the procedure for about two weeks.
- Temporary Bruising, Redness, Swelling, and Skin Sensitivity. These result from the exposure to the cold temperature.Other Side Effects:
- Diarrhea-dead fat cells are removed from the body
- Feeling of Fullness-occurs when treated around the throat & chin area
- Excessive fat removal can result in unwanted indentation.
- Darker Skin Color
CoolSculpting is considered safe but it is important to consider those who are not eligible to undergo this treatment. Those who are not suitable are people with a weak immune system, likewise those with certain conditions that weaken the body’s ability to handle the cold resulting in even more serious complications. It is not a treatment for obesity therefore not a form of weight loss. Women who are pregnant, attempting to have a child, or lactating are also not ideal candidates.
It is highly recommended to see a reputable, experienced, and trusted professional to perform the procedure. The full extent of the complications listed above is still unknown.
Our bodies are our temple, we should take good care of it with CoolSculpting along with proper diet and exercise. Doing so can boost one’s self-esteem and can live a long, healthy, happy life.
More Information About CoolSculpting