Milk formula is a type of special nutrition designed to artificially feed a baby or to supplement the mother’s breast milk. It consists of whey, milk powder, protein hydrolyzate, and many other components.
Thanks to her, the baby receives all the necessary substances for normal development. True, this becomes possible only when choosing the best milk formula for newborns, which you can feed the baby, depending on the manufacturer, from the very first month. In the rating, we tried to collect just such options, among which there are hypoallergenic, adapted, and ordinary ones.
Which best baby formula for colic for A Newborn
The baby food market is very extensive, hundreds of companies work there. However, only a few of them actually create safe, high-quality, healthy and tasty products. We studied the most popular offers and as a result, the rating included food from the following six leaders:
- Nutricia is a recognized European market leader in baby food. The company has over 120 years of history. Its feature is the provision of pediatricians advice to mothers on the hotline. The main goal of the company is to strengthen the health of babies through quality food products made from safe ingredients, including plant origin. They are produced taking into account the age of children, usually have a normal taste and smell, are easily digestible. In the assortment of the company, there are 3 series: Kid, Nutricia, and Milupa.
- Nestle – the company was established in 1866, and since then has maintained a leading position in the food market, including for children. A special place in its assortment is occupied by mixtures manufactured under the NAN trademark. When manufacturing products, Nestle experts took into account everything — the need for protein, bifidobacteria for the normal functioning of the digestive tract, and “smart” lipids for healthy bones and tissues. In stock, the manufacturer has hypoallergenic masses that do not cause side effects in infants and are well tolerated by the body.
- Nutrilak – under this brand, baby food for babies from birth is on the market. It can be used as the main source of milk, and as a supplement to breastfeeding. In the assortment of the company, there are options designed for babies up to 6 months and older than six months. Adapted mixtures are also offered here, which are designed for newborns with a high risk of allergies. Particular attention is paid to the production of therapeutic infant formula for infants eliminating colic.
- Similac is a well-known brand that produces baby food without GMO and other dangerous substances that can harm the health of the child. Its products contribute to the formation of a normal stool, tightens bone tissue, eliminates colic and constipation, improves the digestive tract. There are, among other things, hypoallergenic formulations suitable even for children with sensitive digestion. They are distinguished by affordability and good quality, not inferior to premium mixtures.
- Friso is one of the few companies on the market that keeps its own farms with its own cows. Animals are fed only environmentally friendly feed and grazed in open areas. This ensures the high quality and safety of the milk used to create the mixtures. The company tries to maintain its value in the production process, which minimizes the loss of nutrients and makes food as useful as possible for babies. Equally important is the fact that it has its own production facility for the production of lactose, milk calcium, protein hydrolysates and a number of other auxiliary components.
Here is the list of things you should keep in mind while selecting the best baby formula for colic:
- Safety of use, lack of side effects
- Ease of preparation – proportions, whether lumps appear, whether it is possible to pour into a bottle
- Reception efficiency
- Composition – the presence of vitamins, minerals, etc.
- Availability in the market, including price
- Versatility, whether suitable for both artificial and partial feeding
- Type – adapted, lactose-free, palm-free or hypoallergenic
- Lack of artificial components
- Taste and smell
- Calorie content, amount of carbohydrates, fats, proteins
- Shelf life
- The presence of foam
- The rate of dissolution in water.
A special selection criterion for the best baby formula for colic was the reaction of the children to the use of the mixture, what appetite they have, and whether they are not capricious at the same time. To study the behavior of the kids, products were tested.
More tips on formula-feeding
- Psychology of formula feeding & all the pros and cons
- How to Choose the Best Hypoallergenic Formula For Your Child
- Feeding formula and the best formula for sensitive breastfed babies
- Top 5 Best Baby Formulas for Newborns
- What Are The Benefits Of Infant Formula For Babies
- Where To Buy Trusted Baby Formula Online
More Baby Advice:
4 Tips for Sticking To Your Budget With a New Baby
5 Ways To Balance A New Baby With Daily Life
Thanks for the post. I’m doing research for my baby as she will start on formula. Your tips will be of great help. I hope nestle will work for us.