Are you wondering why the Kia Sorento is called the perfect getaway vehicle?
I was loaned the 2016 Kia Sorento for a week, free of charge. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Redesigned to be sleek, strong, and adaptive to your needs, the 2016 Sorento has elegantly sculpted surfaces, more cabin space, and a wraparound dashboard for distinctive appeal. From finely crafted seating to intuitive advanced technologies, it’s the car you drive to seek out adventure.
2016 Kia Sorento Review
Recently my car went into the body shop for some repairs and I needed a car to commute to work and get the kids where they needed to be. I’ve never owned or driven a Kia before, so I was excited to test this new 2016 Kia Sorento. I drive a Ford Explorer and wanted to see how this vehicle compared. I really liked the sporty look and feel.
The seats are designed with repel-and-release technology. Using a specially formulated fabric treatment, these seats are protected from spills, stains, and other hazards.
This is an absolute essential with kids. Something ALWAYS gets spilled!
It also has seating for five and features heated seats, perfect for Winter.
- The Heated Power Mirrors feature integrated LED Turn-Signal Indicators that accent the clean lines of the Sorento.
- You can program your outside mirrors to tilt down while you reverse, giving you a better view of what surrounds your Sorento.
- Standard Privacy Glass reduces heat buildup and offers some privacy for the rear seat and cargo areas. Solar Control Glass on windshield and front windows reduces interior heat build up on sunny days—helping to keep you cool. I live in the south. Enough said. It was an 85 degree+, but the interior wasn’t scorching after I left the office.
- A thin film fixed between layers of glass helps the windshield to reduce wind noise penetration at higher speeds. On the commute home, there wasn’t a lot of noise from the traffic on the interstate.
The 2016 Kia Sorento has a lot of awesome features that enhance your driving experience. It was actually perfect to keep up with the traffic on the highway.
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® Audio System
- UVO eServices Infotainment System
- Infinity® Surround Sound Audio System with Clari-Fi™, Ten Speakers, External Amplifier & Subwoofer, HD Radio™
- Voice-Command Navigation with 8″ Display, UVO eServices & Sirius Traffic
- Rear-Camera Display
- Back-Up Warning System
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)
- Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) System
My favorite features:
- Put the transmission into reverse and the Rear Camera Display will show a live image of what’s behind your vehicle. For added convenience, a vehicle footprint that shows bumper width is superimposed in the display.
- BLUETOOTH® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity – These intuitively mounted controls allow you to maintain your focus on the road while keeping both hands on the wheel.
- Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio, Hands-Free Phone and Cruise Control Buttons
- USB/Auxiliary Input Jack, USB 2.1 Charger Ports, 12-Volt Power Outlets
- 2nd-Row Seats, 40/20/40 Split-Folding – The 2nd-row seats offer the added convenience and adaptability, which allows for longer cargo to be carried along with second-row passengers. For even larger items, both sections of the 2nd-row seats can be folded down. I wanted to test out how comfortable the second row was and was pleasantly surprised.
- 50/50 Split-Folding 3rd-Row Seats – The available 3rd-Row Seats offer the versatility of a 50/50 split-fold to accommodate a variety of passenger and cargo combinations. There are also cup holders and compartments to hold books, electronic devices, or other fun activities for your trip.
- Fuel efficiency: EPA MPG, FWD (City/Highway/Combined) 21/29/2 with an 18.8 gallon tank. The dash showed nearly 400 miles on a tank. I’m used to filling my Explorer up with 22.5 gallons of gas.It was also great on the gas mileage getting on the highway. I commute about 20 miles each direction to work. I was able to drive the whole week on one tank of gas.
The 2016 Kia Sorento has ample amount of trunk space in the back. If you decide to carry some cargo, move a few boxes, or need the extra space in the back for any reason the seats are dual splitting. There is also a shade to cover your trunk space for more privacy or if you just want a neater look after packing the car full of groceries. We had this during sports season and there was plenty of room for bookbags, sports bags, lunch bags, and more.
It was a lot of fun to drive the new 2016 Kia Sorento! To learn more about its price point, amazing features, and to find a Kia dealer near you visit Kia.com!