Are you looking for gifts for a mom’s car? I’ve created a list of more than 10 items at every price point. Hand-curated by me – a working mom who spends a lot of time in her car.
I spend a lot of time in the car – commuting for work, carpooling the kids, and just plain traveling. It takes about 40 minutes in the morning and 40 minutes in the evening, each day. That’s 1 hour and 20 minutes. I drink coffee on the way to work, the kids often have snacks and drinks, and sometimes I’m so busy running errands that I’m eating lunch in the car.
Best Gifts for Mom Cars
Here are 10 must-have accessory gifts for every mom’s car:
1. Phone holder (window or vent) – I love having my phone in front of me while I drive for navigation assistance and I can see if someone is calling me. Great arm, sticks to the window, unlike many I’ve had this hasn’t fallen off, especially with the weight of the product. It extends to a perfect length right in front of my steering wheel.
2. Trashcan – Like I said earlier, the kids often have snacks and drinks, and sometimes I’m so busy running errands that I’m eating lunch in the car. So, there can be crumbs, trash, half eaten snacks, partially full drink bottles, and God knows what else in the cracks and crevices of my car. Having a trashcan in the car makes it easier to corral the trash and empty each week when I fill up on gas.
3. Trunk organizer – Keep your trunk from becoming a dumping ground. It becomes a seat organizer & is fully collapsible for easy storage. Lightweight & sturdy to prevent cargo from sliding.
4. Seat protector – Have you ever picked your child’s car seat up and looked under it? Gross! Where do those crumbs come from? Prevent your seats from getting scratches, stains, spills and scuff marks caused by your child’s car seat or your pets. Also has large pockets at the bottom for holding phones pads, glasses, purses, etc. and organizing other items.
5. Back of the seat organizer – It’s not hard to create a mess in the car, especially when you have kids who want to carry their favorite toys along all the time. Now you can keep everything organized with the backseat car organizer. Put everything inside the pockets and keep your car organized.
6. Phone charger (iPhone), Android, and car charging – Having extra phone and tablet chargers in my car are a lifesaver. Some days my phone’s battery is running low when I leave work and I love not having to worry about my phone dying as I’m traveling home or on the way to pick up kids. Also, the kids don’t always keep their devices charged, so having backups makes that easier, too.
7. Car cup holder organizer – This is a must for commuters with cell phones. It fits into the cup holder providing a secure location for your phone, notepad, pens or pencils.
8. Protect carpets with inexpensive rubber mats – Trust me when I say install these BEFORE you allow kids in your car. Crumbs, drinks, dirt, and lots more will ruin your carpet if you don’t protect them.
9. Mobile offices are easy when you have project folders, sticky notes, pens, and a small notepad – Working moms spend a lot of time in the car. Whether commuting for work, carpooling the kids, or just plain traveling, you can make it more convenient by stocking your car with these essentials.
10. Large travel mug – If you travel with coffee, like I do, you NEED a mug that will keep liquids hot for a very long time – up to 12 hours and cold for even longer – up to 24 hours.
Find more Gift Guides here.