Our gas expense is higher than I would like, but I live about 20 miles from work and have kid drop offs. I normally get gas wherever is convenient on my path. I change my air filter and ensure that my tires are inflated properly to maximize fuel efficiency. Yesterday, I shared a free, easy way to save money on gas: join a fuel rewards network.
Here are 7 more easy ways to save money on gas:
1. Pay cash. Gas stations like Shell and Exxon offer discounts on gas if you pay with cash. Discounts range from 6 cents to 10 cents per gallon in my area.
3. Seek out the lowest price, through apps like Gasbuddy or websites like AAA.com. With the click of a mouse or a swipe of the finger, you can find out the best price on gas in your town, without driving anywhere.
4. Buy discounted gift cards at sites like GiftCardGranny or PlasticJungle. People sell gift cards they no longer want at a discount to you. Any discount = free gas.
5. Avoid gas stations near highway exits. Convenient location often equals higher price. It is typically cheaper at gas stations in-town.
6. Fill up mid-week. Gas prices usually increase at the end of the week and on the weekend. Beat the increase.
7. Gas up at wholesale clubs and grocery stores. They often offer lower prices than other stations as a perk of being a member or loyal customer.
What creative ways do you save money on gas?