Smart technology is a great way to save you money in your home. The best part about it is that the savings potential grows as more smart devices are installed. This blog post will go over some of the ways smart home technology can save you money and show you how to get started with installation!
What is a Smart Home?
A “smart home” is a home that uses technological automation and connectivity to provide convenience, comfort, and cost-efficiency.
Smart Home Devices
A smart home typically has many different devices that can be connected to provide you with information about your home, curb energy usage, keep you attached to the inside of your house while away, or just make your life easier. The most common types of devices are:
Used to adjust your home’s temperature; it can be adjusted remotely using an app on a mobile device.
Allows for adjusting the brightness level of lights throughout your house, turning on/off lights and chandeliers at specific times for energy savings, or turning on lights when someone enters a room.
Keep your home safe and secure with video monitoring, motion detection, door locks that can be controlled remotely from afar or through sensors installed on doors and windows.
Used to turn off lights when everyone in the house has gone to sleep for energy savings; used to control other devices like security cameras and thermostats.
There are many different ways that smart home technology can save you money, but the best place to start is with the installation of a smart thermostat!
How can smart technology help you save money in your home?
- The first way that smart technology can help you save money is by automatically turning your lights on and off to match the time of day. This will not only make it easier for you to control how much light enters a room, but with some automation systems like HomeKit or Hue from Philips, it’ll also allow saving energy too!
- Adding smart security devices to your home is also a great way to save money. By installing cameras or motion sensors, you’ll be able to keep an eye on what’s going on in and around your house without ever having to leave the couch!
- The last thing we’ll mention before moving onto installation is that your home will use less energy to stay at a consistent temperature with a smart thermostat installed. This is because the device can learn when you should turn on and off heating or cooling based on the time of day or how many people are in the house!
A smart thermostat might not be suitable for everyone, but if you’re looking to save money on your heating and cooling bills, it’s a great option.
How can I get started with installation?
- If you already have an iPhone or Android device (or any smartphone with Bluetooth), installation is as easy as downloading the HomeKit app from the App Store! From there, all that needs to be done is plugging in the HomePod and following a few steps to set up your home with all of its devices.
- If you don’t have an iPhone or Android device, installation can still be as easy as installing it on your computer through iTunes!
In this article, we covered the benefits of connected home and shared some tips for getting started installing some of your first devices. We also shared the many different ways that smart technology can save you money, but if you’re unsure if a connected thermostat is right for you, then keep an eye out for our next post on home security!