In many areas of the country, tile roofing is a regular occasion. Tile roofs have an identifiable and unique appearance and cost essentially a lot more than metal, asphalt, or wood shake roofing, however they last longer.
Contingent on the quality, tile roofs can last fifty to seventy years or more. Once you compare the longevity to the strength of asphalt shingles which usually last about ten to fifteen years, it is easy to see why tile roofs are such a smart investment.
What Are The Characteristics Of A Tile Roof?
Conventional clay roofing is typically heavy and sometimes necessitates more advanced structural reinforcement as opposed to other roof materials. Tile roofing is now available in lightweight versions that can be utilized on most structures without the need for extra reinforcement. While numerous homeowners favor the appearance of traditional Mediterranean and Spanish styles, tiles can also be purchased in precise replications of wood shingle, slate, and shake. You can choose from a broad selection of colors, ranging from popular adobe red to colors that are indicative of driftwood grey, moss green, and ocean blue. Check out https://bellroofcompany.com/ for all your roofing supplies and needs.
Top Advantages Of Tile Roofing
- Besides the recognizable aesthetic appeal and extremely extended life expectancy of tiled roofs, there are numerous other advantages linked to selecting this type of roofing materials over the more affordable options. These roofs can resist damage that is caused by earthquakes, hurricanes, and other weather elements better than most other roofing choices. Roof tiles are also fire-resistant and have a class-A rating.
- Tile roofs have exceptional insulation, that helps to keep your home warmer during winter times and cooler during summer.
- Various accessories for tile roofs are available that include, cloak attic vents, apexes, bird stops, hip starters and various other options.
- Tile roofs have an individual capability of accenting which complements the outside color or finish of just about any building or home.
- Another attractive feature than the exterior appearance is that these tiles offer an air of quality to the structure which is a desirable feature for prospective homebuyers. Once combined with other finishes and styles, the tile roof adds beauty to the structure and increase the home’s resale value.
Disadvantages Of A Tiled Roof
The most significant drawback of a tiled roof is the initial installation cost. In comparison to basic metal roofs and asphalt shingles, tiled roofs can cost significantly more to install. They are, however, just about the same price than slate which is the only other material that can match the life expectancy of tile. Slate is a heavy roofing material and can become brittle. It also requires additional structural reinforcement during installation. Slate also causes problems when it comes to maintenance, as the tiles can break once the worker steps on them.
Based on the information shared with you in this post, it is clear why so many homeowners prefer this type of roofing material. The advantages it provides is simply something that cannot be ignored.
You can also check an interesting article on how to measure your roof via satellite for free for giving the measurements to the tile roofing company.