It goes without saying that the life of single mothers has always been extremely difficult. A permanent lack of time, energy, and money can cause a failure of motivation and make the routine life terrible.
According to the Gallup World Poll, 13% of moms in the whole world are single, and this number increases rapidly. All single moms are facing similar problems, and the most concerning ones are financial issues.
In fact, the financial side is usually a beneficial part of single mothers’ lives because it is vital to have a proper amount of money in order to maintain the child. Financial problems lead to the inability to take care of your child and yourself and, consequently, to live a full life. That is why many single moms have a dream to become a businesswoman and create a wonderful life for their little families.
However, some of them are scared of setting up their own businesses because it is an unexplored field for them. Nevertheless, there is always a way out! In this article, we will introduce each option for single mothers who crave to be a businesswoman.
Single Mother as a Businesswoman
First of all, it is important to state some advantages of being a businesswoman if you are a single mother.
- You can create the most suitable schedule for you. Your timetable could be flexible, balanced, and independent because it depends only on yourself.
- Forget about any bosses. You do not need to rely on anybody anymore because you are a leader for yourself!
- You can assign yourself a vacation or sick leave at any time. There is no need to fiddle with papers and worry that your boss will not let you go somewhere because he is in a bad mood.
- As a single mother, you have fewer responsibilities, except for your kids. You do not need to spend energy, nerves, and time with your husband. Unfortunately, quarrels are sometimes present in married people’s lives, and, what is more, they make you feel exhausted. Guide this energy in the right direction — on your own business!
- You realize that your family’s life depends only on you, so you can rely exceptionally on yourself. This feeling is extremely inspiring because you do not have hopes that one day somebody would come and help you.
One of such single mothers, who got over the fear of the unknown business world, is Kemble Morgan. She is a country manager for Africa for Young Living Essential Oils, and once she said:
“My job has allowed me the wonder of meeting people on a global scale who have created success from embracing change. Being adaptable and tenacious in seeking out opportunity even when placed in tough life circumstances could stand you in better stead, even when life used to be predictable”.
Indeed, extraordinary opportunities may open up in front of you. It remains only to start acting.
Top 5 Business Ideas for Single Mothers
What kind of business can you set up as a single mother? Here are some ideas.
- Create your personal mom blog. Do you have much experience sharing? You are already a superhero if you are a single mother, so maybe you can propose some tips and lifehacks for good parenthood? Mommy blogs are so demanding and popular because novice parents need to get support, personal advice, or help from more experienced people. In the USA, 14% of mothers have their own blogs about their lives, according to recent research made by Scarborough Research.
- Open your own shop. If you are keen on growing plants or a CEO of wrapping gifts in an unusual way, why not start selling them? It is not that hard to sell anything in our modern society because people have become ready to buy any goods or services. If you have a talent to create something with your own hands, stitch toys, paint pieces of pottery, make clay wares, then someone would definitely like it. Moreover, people are ready to give a lot of money for unique, one-of-a-kind products, which are also homemade.
- Commence an online course. Are you good at languages? Maybe you were a great psychologist before? Sharing your own knowledge with interested audiences would obviously have a favorable outcome. What is more, helping people to become successful is a real noble cause, so split your wisdom and become prosperous.
- Become a fitness coach. Gym passes and personal trainers are usually expensive, so many people cannot afford them. That is why the majority of people prefer to do fitness at home. Being healthy and having a good body condition became a new trend nowadays, so if you like doing sports, it would not be difficult for you to create a fitness blog and help people to stay in shape.
- Become an SMM manager. Social media marketing is a new trendy field, and such specialists are so demanding today. There are a bunch of different SMM courses, which are easy and fast to complete. After some practice, you would become able to create your own SMM agency and help various companies and bloggers grow up and become successful.
By the way, it is obvious that a new business requires some budget. There is a great solution for novice businesswomen — Fit My Money blog — a fantastic website that provides information about the best unsecured loans and advises the best places where you can get a loan. Undoubtedly, it would be helpful for you to get introduced to it and choose the best option for your enterprise.
Don’t Be Scared
Quite a big number of single mothers have already launched their own businesses, and now they are living wonderful and happy lives with their kids. It is always difficult, nervous, and scary at the beginning of your businesswoman pathway, but you can be sure that you will realize that it was worth it in the end. Expand your imagination and start to create!