The world of bed linen has its own fashion trends. Bed linen should fit seamlessly into the interior of the bedroom. It should be beautiful, of decent quality, comfortable for the body, and of course fashionable.
Sets are sewn from various fabrics – natural and synthetic. At the same time, the main requirements for bed linen and amazon king size sheets are to remain health safety and tactile comfort. In The Bedspread Shop, you can find bed linen of all styles and shades.
Let’s have a look at different textiles in the interior:
- Classic style. It includes the following interior styles: Сlassicism, Baroque, Rococo, and Empire. Fans of this interior style want to reflect a high social status in the interior and strive to add luxury elements as much as possible. These are various elements of the palace style, such as stucco, art parquet, marble, and columns. For this style, bed linen is chosen with classic ornaments. Also, in such an interior, you can choose plain bed linen of restrained, pastel, or dark tones. Any classic patterns, small flowers, a discreet strip that does not stand out much against the main background of underwear will be appropriate.
- Baroque is all about curved graceful forms, an abundance of stucco and gilding, an excess of decor and mosaics. Textiles in this style are represented by rich fabrics. The bed of this era looks like a tent with draperies. In the decoration of bed linen, you can notice a lot of plant motifs, leaves, wreaths, and flower garlands. Baroque is characterized by elegance and pretentiousness, so a set should fit into the interior with dignity: bright blue, with large floral compositions, with elements of yellow flowers are the most successful colors that will perfectly support this style.
- Rococo is all about asymmetry, curls, patterns. This is style is about silk on the walls and decorative fabrics. If you want your bedroom to look like this, choose bed linen with a noble satin-gloss imitating mother-of-pearl, gold, and silver. Appropriate colors of bed linen are pastel: pale yellow, pink, coral, gray-blue, lavender, pale green. Usually, one main pastel color is complemented by a secondary, close, or contrasting one. Textiles are appropriately light and elegant because the rococo mood is frivolous and playful.
- Empire style. It is based on the motifs of antiquity, the impression of simplicity and grandeur at the same time. You can notice textiles with many details, bronze inclusions, complex decor, luxurious draperies.
To summarize, the classic interior represents respectability and dignity. So, the same mood should be expressed in bed linen, curtains: pastel shades, white, with golden decor should prevail, emerald green and royal blue will fit in perfectly.
- Modern. Textiles should be richly decorated with stylized images of leaves, flowers, birds, and even insects. This style draws inspiration from natural forms, as well as stylized elements of earlier styles. It is considered to be the most interesting design for a variety of color solutions. The most modern colors and palettes for bed linen: pistachio, light green, pink, with alternating stripes of different colors. Bright and colorful – the main rule of modernity!
- Constructivism. These are rational forms, almost complete absence of decor. The key justification for the presence of each thing is its functionality. If you decided to decorate your bedroom in this style, choose monochrome sets of bed linen and restrained shades.
- Art Deco. Elegance and beauty are characteristic of each element. You can often see elements of other styles, but only stylized ones, often giving only a general image, without detailing. You can also notice soft lighting, walls, and textiles in pastel shades, while the furniture is often almost black. Bright contrasting ornaments, sometimes quite large.
- Conservatism. The interior of this style will be comfortable for phlegmatic natures who love peace and reliable, time-tested things. The favorite color in textiles and furniture is warm brown. Bed linen should be necessarily restrained colors, warm shades, sometimes dark.
- Romanticism. In this style, you will definitely see elegance and refinement. So, for it choose light fabrics, folklore, and natural motifs.
- Biedermeier is an offshoot of Romanticism, sometimes it is called a mixture of Romanticism and Empire style. Fancy decor and luxury are not needed here. However, plain bedlinen from beige to dark tones is absolutely appropriate. Brown silk or a dark crimson palette of the best cotton fabrics will perfectly fit into the style. The walls are usually light, often decorated with striped embossed wallpaper. The pattern on the upholstery of furniture and curtains is often the same. Colorful bright textiles in bed linen, curtains, furniture upholstery, with frequent use of floral motifs.
- Pop art is suitable for extraordinary personalities because it is bright, challenging, and provocative, mixing different colors and textures. In textiles, a combination of incongruous is acceptable. The main visual motifs are show business stars, comic book heroes, and even logos of popular brands.
- Minimalism. The decor is concise, there is a lot of free space, simple shapes. In textiles, you will see colors like white, gray, black, as well as light natural shades of grass and earth. For the bedroom, it is appropriate to buy plain bed linen of calm, relaxing shades.
- Neoclassicism. This is truly a nostalgia for antiquity and classics. The decor is restrained and noble. The direction is close to those who love minimalism with its bright, free spaces. Textiles are white and other light shades.
- Postmodernism is a ‘descendant’ of modernity. This is all about theatricality, absurdity, glamour, but with self-irony, a combination of elements of different styles, contrasting colors, and shapes. Textiles with bright, often large ornaments. The style is suitable for creative natures.
- Brutalism. In this style, you will see rough shapes and textures: stone, elements of brickwork. In textiles, the style can be supported by coarse fabrics of large weaving shades of stone, earth, metal.
- Country. Having appeared in the States, this style has become absolutely international. It implies creating the mood of a rural house of a certain area – a ranch, a Fazenda, a hut, a chalet. The country style is quite lyrical, close to nature, materials should be used mainly natural. The abundance of textiles is one of the main methods of creating an atmosphere of comfort and warmth. Bedrooms in this style are often with colorful tablecloths, bright curtains, pillows, rugs made of calico, wool, linen. Simple curtains with almost no folds. You will see patchwork blankets, embroidered textiles for the kitchen, woven rugs. Multicolored textiles are juicy, with a muted color scheme. The colors of the main surfaces are light, while with contrasting accessories. The country bedroom will be decorated with bed linen with flowers, leaves, still lifes, elements of patchwork technique, checkered.
- Hi-tech. For the bedroom, choose restrained monochrome gray, black, white, or other muted colors, while bright accents are appropriate, for example, red, green, yellow shades. Bed linen should be elegant and concise.
- Eclecticism is a mixture of elements of different styles in textiles and decor. An example is the Moroccan style. In it, you will see a mixture of traditional and European interiors.
- Eco-style. Elements for the bedroom are allowed only in natural tones – shades of stones, grass, sky, with imitation of natural textures. Eco-style celebrates the design “created by nature itself”, natural combinations of colors, and their natural harmony. Bed linen can be plain because eco-style is closely related to minimalism. The main rule for the correct selection of bed linen and accessories in eco-style is to mentally imagine an image from the world of natural nature, in which such a shade or combination of colors occurs.
- Futurism. Sets with various geometric patterns will perfectly fit into the bedroom of a futuristic design: large hemispheres, circles, squares, cells, stripes, and their variations. Prints on textiles sometimes resemble mathematical curves or some cosmic roads that lead to the world of dreams about unknown galaxies.
Most importantly, when buying several sets, do not limit yourself to monotonous colors. Choose a different texture, palette, and style of underwear and use it to create a different mood. In this article, we presented a list of different styles used in bedroom interiors. We hope that one of them would perfectly fit your home design.
- 6 Tips for a Bedroom Makeover
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Designing a Children’s Bedroom
- 5 different types of kid’s beds
- How to choose a mattress for your bed: different types for your health and comfort
- Bedroom Decor Ideas