The shower is easily one of the last places people like to clean. It takes a lot of time scrubbing off all the buildup grease. Don’t worry, we will provide you with some quick and easy tips for cleaning your shower fast and efficiently.
6 Quick and Easy Tips for Cleaning Your Shower
Cleaning your shower can be hard, especially if you have unique shower areas like a fiberglass shower floor or pan which have different cleaning methods. Follow these quick and easy tips to cut your time cleaning the shower in half!
Remove All Items
Before you start with the cleaning, remove all of the items inside your shower and bathtub. This means everything that you can remove from your shower with ease. This will allow you to clean every corner of your shower.
Toss all the unused things in the trash and dispose of them properly. With this, it will be much easier to clean your shower without having to remove objects as you clean.
When you return your items, make sure you organize them properly so they won’t look cluttered in your bathroom. Even if you clean your shower, it may look messy because of unorganized items.
Dust and Sweep
Now it’s time to get rid of the dirt and dust. Use a duster that has a long handle to remove any cobwebs in hard to reach corners of your shower. Make sure that you also check and clean the light fixtures and inside the vents.
If you can’t reach the cobwebs with your duster, use a stepladder to get higher. Once you are done dusting, sweep or vacuum the floors to clean off the dirt and dust that may have accumulated on the floor.
Make sure you dust and sweep down the:
- Towel racks
Wipe them off afterward.
Use an All-Purpose Cleaner
Use an all-purpose cleaner for your cleaning maintenance. If you have serious dirt buildup on your shower, use an acid-based cleaner.
Also, clean the shower track and inside the shower door if you can. Let the cleaner soak to soften up the sticking dirt so it’s easier to rinse off.
Cleaning the Shower Floor
Fill a bucket with warm water. Add the recommended amount of all-purpose cleaner.
Use the all-purpose cleaner on your cleaning device. An example would be a mop or a scrub.
Leave the cleaner for at least 5 minutes and rinse the floor with water.
Cleaning the Shower and Tub
We spend a lot of time in the shower doing many other activities that go beyond washing ourselves. Most often we develop habits like listening to music, taking a selfie at the shower, singing, or listening to a podcast. Just remember: the longer you spend on the shower, the more likely dirt sticks to the corners of your shower.
The shower and tub usually house soap residue, bath oil, hair products, and body oil. If left alone, these substances could harden and will be really hard to clean off. Don’t worry, if you clean consistently, it’s just a matter of three simple steps:
- Spray and let it sit: before you start with the cleaning, spray the tub with a layer of all-purpose bathroom cleaner. Leave the cleaner on while you clean another area. It will dissolve oil and soap so you will need less elbow grease to remove it.
- Scrub the Dirt: use abrasive scrubbing pads to remove dirt deposits on your shower. Reach into cracks and corners of your shower and tub. Use a cleaning toothbrush for removing dirt deposits around your tub fixtures.
- Rinse off: If you have a detachable showerhead with a hose and shut-off valve, like an outdoor Camper shower head, it will be easier to rinse off and clean. If you don’t have one, you can use a removable rubber showerhead that you can attach to the shower tap.
Cleaning Fiberglass Shower and Glass Doors
Cleaning your fiberglass shower requires a different way of cleaning. You have to clean them with a nonabrasive cleaner like an all-purpose bathroom cleaner, pine oil, or baking soda.
Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads. They might make a scratch or dull the finish of the surface.
You can clean cloudy glass shower doors with full-strength white vinegar or with a commercial lime and scale remover. Be careful when handling these products. Make sure you have proper ventilation and protect your skin and clothing.
Cleaning your shower can be made easy if you follow our tips. You don’t have to spend a lot of time and energy scrubbing away that stubborn dirt deposits. Just follow our tips and you will have an easy and fast time cleaning your shower.
- 6 Quick and Easy Tips for Cleaning Your Shower
- Choosing the Best 2021 Trending Sliding Shower Doors for Your Bathroom
- A simple guide to buy most suitable shower enclosures
- All About Inline Shower Door Panel Enclosure
- I Spray My Shower Every Day With This
- Beautiful Shower Screen Ideas For Your Bathroom