Father’s Day gifts can get expensive. But, you don’t have to have a large budget to show that special Dad your love. In fact, you don’t have to spend a dime.
I know that traditionally kids and moms exhibit their love for Dad with a special gift, a plaque, or an afternoon out at a sporting event. But, sometimes even an extra $20 can be hard to come by. With a little creativity, you can show your love and appreciation without pulling out your wallet.
Here are 25 Father’s Day Gifts That Won’t Cost You a Dime:
- Make him breakfast.
- Cook him dinner.
- Perform one of his chores.
- Write him a love note.
- Leave a love note in his lunchbox.
- Give him a massage.
- Relinquish control of the remote to him.
- Burn a CD of your favorite songs (as a family).
- Make him a coupon booklet like this or this.
- Create a photo collage of special moments for him.
- Arrange time off for him without the kids.
- Walk around your neighborhood, downtown, or park together.
- Take him on a fun drive.
- Wash his car.
- Sing, play, or whistle a song (depending on your talent) for him.
- Go stargazing.
- Read poetry to him.
- Watch a movie (by whatever means you have that wouldn’t cost you any money i.e. library, Netflix, cable, regular TV, internet, etc.).
- Prepare a special dessert for him.
- Download a free e-book for him.
- Tell him all of the ways you’re happy he’s your Dad (or your children’s Dad).
- Set up a relaxing environment (dim light, soothing music, sports, or whatever works for your special guy.
- Brew coffee for him.
- Make a craft using just what you have on hand at home. (Lots of ideas on Pinterest.)
- Spend time with him talking, volunteering, or just hanging out.
Have you ever had to be creative with a non-existent Father’s Day budget?