Father’s Day gifts can get expensive. But, you don’t have to have a large budget to show that special Dad your love. In fact, you don’t have to spend a dime.
I know that traditionally kids and moms exhibit their love for Dad with a special gift, a plaque, or an afternoon out at a sporting event. But, sometimes even an extra $20 can be hard to come by. With a little creativity, you can show your love and appreciation without pulling out your wallet.
Here are 25 Father’s Day Gifts That Won’t Cost You a Dime:
- Make him breakfast.
- Cook him dinner.
- Perform one of his chores.
- Write him a love note.
- Leave a love note in his lunchbox.
- Give him a massage.
- Relinquish control of the remote to him.
- Burn a CD of your favorite songs (as a family).
- Make him a coupon booklet like this or this.
- Create a photo collage of special moments for him.
- Arrange time off for him without the kids.
- Walk around your neighborhood, downtown, or park together.
- Take him on a fun drive.
- Wash his car.
- Sing, play, or whistle a song (depending on your talent) for him.
- Go stargazing.
- Read poetry to him.
- Watch a movie (by whatever means you have that wouldn’t cost you any money i.e. library, Netflix, cable, regular TV, internet, etc.).
- Prepare a special dessert for him.
- Download a free e-book for him.
- Tell him all of the ways you’re happy he’s your Dad (or your children’s Dad).
- Set up a relaxing environment (dim light, soothing music, sports, or whatever works for your special guy.
- Brew coffee for him.
- Make a craft using just what you have on hand at home. (Lots of ideas on Pinterest.)
- Spend time with him talking, volunteering, or just hanging out.
Have you ever had to be creative with a non-existent Father’s Day budget?
Latest posts by RAKI WRIGHT (see all)
Sometimes we have a tendency to go overboard on gifts for these occasions, it is nice to remember that you don’t have to break the bank to celebrate Dad. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!
Michelle James says
Such great ideas! Nothing like a handmade gift-so much more meaningful! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty
Melinda Mitchell says
Raki, thanks for this list. It’s perfect!!
Inspire Me Monday
Great ideas, dads can be tough to buy for too. Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on G=! Have a great week!