Megaways are one of the most well known parts of modern slot gaming. Despite its popularity, the Megaways game mechanic is still relatively new. Many developers have tried to create the best Megaways slot – check out Slotzo.
What is Megaways
Megaways is an insanely popular game mechanic, it is well known for offering over 1,000 different ways to win. The Megaways game mechanic revolutionised slot gaming when it was first released, today it is hard to find a slot provider who hasn’t released a Megaways game of some sort. There are many reasons why players love Megaways slot games, they offer up to 248,832 different ways to win, there are massive jackpots on offer and exciting bonuses such as free spins, wilds and multipliers! The slots also utilise unique and state of the art graphics which help the Megaways slots feel modern. The Megaways game mechanic is only increasing in popularity, with players loving the huge amount of winning combinations and the frequent, exciting wins.
History of Megaways
Megaways slot games are all the rage today, they can be commonly found in pretty much every online casino site. Despite their popularity, many players are unfamiliar with the history of this game mechanic.
- Megaways actually originated in 2015 with a slot called Dragon Born. It was developed by Australian slot developer called Big Time Gaming who were hoping the game was going to change the slot industry.
- Despite this release, it wasn’t the hit that the studio was hoping for. It flew under the radar and Big Time Gaming had to go back to the drawing board.
- Things changed drastically in 2016, when Bonanza Megaways was released. This slot managed to completely revolutionise the game industry thanks to the multiple paylines and exciting features it offered.
- Soon, other developers began to take notice. Today, pretty much every developer has released a Megaways slot in some form or another. Tossing out the rule book upon release, Megaways slots have become the quintessential slot games to play.
Although Megaways originated with Big Time Gaming, there are a multitude of slot developers who have released a Megaways slot over the past few years.
- Divine Fortune Megaways was developed by NetEnt and it is based on what many would argue is their most popular slot game, Divine Fortune. Based on classic Greek mythology, this slot is bigger and better than the original. The Megaways game mechanic ensures that the win potential has drastically increased!
- The Dog House Megaways was developed by Pragmatic Play and it takes the successful Dog House slot and merges it with the Megaways game mechanic to create an amazing slot game! The slot features improved graphics, increased volatility and a much higher win potential.
For some players, nobody does the Megaways mechanic better than the original developer IGT with their game Bonanza Megaways. However, others feel that developers such as NetEnt and Pragmatic Play have improved on the mechanic with their games.