Slots are one of the biggest assets to the whole gambling industry. Be it land-based machines or online slots, these games are very popular and account for a great deal of the Gross Gambling Yield (GGY).
Online slots especially have gone through a surge in popularity in the last couple of years. It isn’t surprising when you think about the rate of new games being released. The players are always kept on their toes with many promising, interesting and exciting slots being announced – visit and learn star slots how to win slots here.
But which ones of these new games (as well as tried and tested ones) could be considered the best? When choosing a game, players are often aiming for the most exciting one, one that offers generous payouts and profitable bonus rounds. In this article, we talk about what makes the best odds in slot games and also provide some examples of such games.
RTP, Volatility and bonus rounds
There are a few things you will want to focus on when choosing a slot with the best odds. Slots have several parameters which are available to the public and are there for you to choose the correct games.
- RTP stands for return-to-player. This is a percentage that reflects how much of the machine’s lifetime bets are returned to players as winnings. For example, if a slot has an RTP of 95%, that means that 95% of its lifetime bets are paid out to players while the casino keeps 5% as the house edge.
- RTP percentage is established through testing the slot. The slot goes through a large number of spins (1 million and above) and the total wins are calculated and then compared to the total losses. This ratio is presented as a percentage. RTP is a generally accepted guide to how the slot is going to perform.
- Please note that RTP is measured over large numbers of spins and is somewhat aimed at the slot’s lifetime performance. Therefore this percentage cannot be applied to a single player’s session. If the slot has an RTP of 95%, it doesn’t mean that if you wager £100 you will receive £95 back. However, choosing a game with the highest available RTP is recommended.
- Volatility is a measurement of risk. A highly volatile game will have a long series of low-paying, or zero return spins followed by random bigger wins. A game with a low volatility index will return money to the player more often but in smaller amounts.
Volatility is also called variance and is normally used to choose a game that suits your playing style.
- Bonus rounds are a very important aspect of slot games. In many games, this is where the biggest wins are scored, so a player should choose a game by its bonus features as well. Common types of bonus features include a free spins round, win multipliers, wilds, prize wheel and more.
Some popular games with competitive odds
We’ll save you some time – here are some of the best-regarded games currently in circulation.
- Gonzo’s Quest Megaways (NetEnt) – higher volatility than the original Gonzo’s Quest. Megaways system offers outstanding potential for big wins. RTP – 96%.
- Extra Chilli Megaways (Big Time Gaming) – a brilliant follow-up to the hugely popular Bonanza. Same attractive features with the addition of the gamble feature for more free spins! RTP – 96.19%
- Mega Joker (NetEnt) – a classic-style slot with the highest RTP of 99% in the market!
- 1429 Uncharted Seas (Thunderkick) – an attractive RTP of 98.6% + expanding wilds and free spins!
- Monopoly Megaways (Big Time Gaming) – RTP of 96.5% is in the upper-medium range. The game shines in its bonus features, where you acquire properties on the monopoly board and use them up in the bonus round in the form of multipliers and extra free spins.