Buying furniture is expensive if you go the standard route of purchasing everything from the store. It doesn’t matter if you’re moving into your first home and starting from scratch or have outgrown the current pieces you have.
The following are tips to stay on budget when buying furniture.
Set Your Budget
Before you even begin purchasing furniture, decide on your budget—if you find that perfect piece, understand how much wiggle room you have. Setting up a budget will ensure you’ll have the money available each month, whether you finance it or pay it off in full.
Purchase With a Credit Card
If you have a credit card with a low APR, or better yet, no APR, you may want to use that for large furniture purchases. Some cards even have rewards or points you can earn, like cash back or travel miles, to use in the future.
Shop the Sales
Shopping during the correct season is a fantastic way to score deals on furniture. You’ll typically find that late winter and late summer are the perfect time because stores attempt to create room for new furniture.
Here’s a small rundown to keep in your back pocket.
- Living and dining room: the best time to purchase is from January through April.
- Mattresses: bargains happen around major holidays, such as Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. Another time to shop is between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Outdoor furniture: the perfect time to score deals is between Independence Day and Labor Day.
Purchase Used or Bargain Furniture
Another tip for staying on budget when buying furniture is to purchase used or bargain furniture. There are excellent options out there to find gently used or clearance furniture that’s practical and good-looking.
There are some great benefits to purchasing bargain furniture besides sticking to your budget. Shop at clearance centers, garage sales, online marketplaces, and antique shops. You could even score free pieces if you dig hard enough.
Take your time to inspect each piece for dents and dings, and maybe shy away from used mattresses or upholstered furniture.
- 7 Countries for Manufacturing & Sourcing High-end Furniture
- 4 Theme Ideas That You Can Use For Your Living Room Furniture
- The Perfect Furniture Placement for Home Styling: Top Tips
- Home life: Smart Strategy to Buy Garden Furniture
- Furniture Masterpieces You’ll Need for a Farm Style Home Décor
[…] Source link […]