Intimacy in marriage is key. It’s the glue that will keep you together. In this post, I’m sharing 10 tips on creating intimacy in your relationship.
They say that the #1 cause of divorce is money disagreements. The #2 cause is differences in sexual intimacy. In marriage, this is meant to be a need that is only met by your spouse. But, what if your spouse isn’t meeting that need?
Sexual intimacy is about sharing the most special part of yourself with another person. It’s giving them a part of yourself that no one else gets. It’s knowing that the other person is always there for you unconditionally, as you are for them.
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
The relationship between money and sex in a relationship is more connected and complicated than you might realize. Couples who were raised with different beliefs about money may not be able to decide how to use money together. Then, if each person attempts live financially independently, that cause rifts in their relationship, too.
Here’s what I’ve learned in my relationship.
1. Communication – Your spouse should one of if not your best FRIEND. There should be nothing you can’t share with him. If you feel you can’t, that’s an issue in itself that you should discuss. Do you feel judged when you’re completely honest? A lack of support? Embarrassed? Discuss all of that. Maybe there’s a misunderstanding that can easily be cleared up.
2. Spending time together – I’ll explain it to you in two words: date night. Putting your relationship with your spouse first is a smart investment in your marriage. Date nights keep it fun. I need time away from the kids to recharge and remember those carefree days I had BC (Before Children). I know many couples who have been married for 15 years or more. Some say their secret is putting each other first.
3. Flirt like you used to – Switch things up. How did you show your guy you were interested when you first got together? Did you smile, wink, brush up against him, show up in places you knew he would be? Do all of those things now, too. I’m sure he still likes them. Send him a text that says ‘I have a surprise for you tonight.’
4. Communicate about money – Discuss your monthly expenses, income, assets, and liabilities.
5. Have a joint venture/partnership – Don’t make financial decisions by yourself. Agree on an amount that you both feel comfortable with the other person spending without discussion. Then, let the other person know that it was spent. If there are larger or more serious amounts that need to be spent, discuss it before it’s spent.
6. Honesty – Don’t hide income or expenses from each other. If you don’t feel like you can be honest about it, chances are you know that it’s not a good decision. Even if it seems to be a good decision, you should still discuss this.
7. Necessity – This is one of the most important parts of a marriage. If marriage is intended to be a lifelong commitment and you are to be the sole source of that pleasure for your spouse.
8. Compromise – I talked to my husband about this and asked him for a man’s perspective. He said the key is COMPROMISE. If one person wants it everyday and the other person wants it every week, a compromise would be both people agreeing to a few times a week.
9. Enjoy it – Don’t look at it like a chore or a necessary evil. It’s meant to be enjoyed by both parties. Experiment and experiment some more until you both find out what you really like.
10. Spice it up – Are you stuck in the same bedroom routine? Same places? Same positions? Same day and time? Your love life should not be as predictable as the 6 o’clock news!
What is Fiera?
• Fiera is not a sex toy. It is not designed for orgasm. Women and couples seek out Fiera for the emotional benefit (intimacy/ closer connection) that it offers.
• Fiera® is scientifically proven to enhance physical arousal and increase interest in sex.
How does Fiera work?
• Fiera is for “Before-Play.” It’s used for a few minutes prior to sex and then removed when she feels interested and physically aroused, and ready for a pleasurable sexual experience with her partner. Simply remove it when you feel warmed-up and in the mood. Fiera’s unique combination of gentle suction and stimulation increases the sensations of tingling and fullness that accompany sexual arousal.
• This product is not intended to treat a medical condition. Fiera is for all normal, healthy women whose level of interest in sex or physical arousal isn’t what it once was, and they want more
• While Fiera is created for all women who wish they had more interest or a better physical arousal response, post-menopausal women report particularly strong results with the product, since they are experiencing hormonal changes that can impact their enjoyment of sex.
• Fiera was created with couples in mind. Together you’ll enjoy stronger intimacy and a revitalized sex life.
Want to try Fiera to help you keep the spark alive?
How to Win a Fiera
Thanks to the folks at Fiera, I am giving one away to my readers! All you have to do is sign up for the Relationship Refresh tips and comment with something you’ve learned from Fiera. That’s it! I am so excited to be able to spark the conversation! Click here to sign up for the Relationship Refresh newsletter.
This promotion is open until April 14, 2016 at 11:59 pm EST and is limited to US residents, 18 years or older. The winner will be chosen randomly. Winner must respond to email within 24 hours or prize may be forfeited. Promotional content and prize for this promotion is provided by and shipped by Fierra and/or its representatives. The prize may be sent via FedEx or UPS. No P.O. Boxes please.