These instant pot chili recipe options are 25 ways your Instant Pot can make tonight’s dinner super easy.
While writing this post, if I have learned only one thing, it’s that there is no universal definition of “chili.” Even though you can divide recipes into types or categories, there is still a lot of inconsistency.
When I hear the word “chili,” I think of the way I make it – ground beef (or turkey), beans (usually kidney, but sometimes add-in black), tomatoes, onions, and a handful of spices like chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
It’s always served with cornbread or corn muffins. If I get fancy, I’ll top mine with shredded cheese (cheddar or colby/jack combo), sour cream, and chives (or green onions)
I’ve put together a collection of my favorite instant pot chili recipes, including everything from Southwest Style, Chili con Carne, Verde, Carne Adovada, and
White Chicken Chili to Rocky Mountain, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cincinnati, and
COMMON INGREDIENTS FOR AN INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE
- minced garlic
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- dry oregano
- ground black pepper
- chili seasoning mix
- chili seasoning kit
- salsa verde
- chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- a broth
- Green Chilis
- Cannellini beans or Great Northern Beans
- kidney beans
- black beans
- pinto beans
- Mexican red chile powder
- Cayenne pepper
- xanthan gum
Try your hand at one of these Instant Pot Chili recipe options.
30 INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPES
- Southwest Style – Made with sweet corn and green chiles.
- Chili con Carne – A traditional chili with beef, peppers, and spice. Tomatoes and onions are optional. No beans allowed.
- Chili Verde – You only need four ingredients: chicken, a jar of salsa verde, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Carne Adovada – Adobada is generally pork marinated in a “red” chile sauce with vinegar and oregano.
- White Chicken Chili – Featuring chicken breast, northern beans, and savory spices.
- Rocky Mountain Chili – Unexpected sweet additions like brown sugar and chocolate. Surprise ingredients like coffee and bay leaf.
- Vegan Black Bean Chili – Besides being full of all that Black Bean goodness (protein, fiber, calcium, iron, etc), this soup is also literally LOADED with veggies.
- Cincinnati Chili – spaghetti, beans, onions, and shredded cheddar with an oyster cracker garnish.
- Five Alarm Chili – made with five different types of peppers.
- Smoky Bacon Chili (Paleo) – Smokiness of bacon, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Chunky Beef Without Beans – A great dish for those on a Paleo diet or for those who can’t tolerate beans.
- Cowboy Chili – A “stick to your ribs” recipe with a blend of grass-fed ground beef and sausage for a savory celebration.
- Chili with canned beans – No time for a “made from scratch” meal? Use canned beans.
- Chili recipe with dry beans – Uses DRY beans with no need to precook or soak the beans!
- Chili with ground beef – There’s nothing like a steamy hot bowl of chili on a cold snowy day. What’s even better is having it ready within 35 minutes from start to finish.
- Paleo Chili – A keto, low carb, and paleo chili recipe.
- Chili recipe with beans – Make this Easy Instant Pot Chili Recipe under an hour! Simple umami and spicy Pressure Cooker Beef and Beans Chili to satisfy your hearty comfort food cravings.
- Turkey chili – Out of ground beef? The combination of turkey, lots of vegetables, and spices create a hearty chili that isn’t heavy.
- Vegetarian chili – This Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Chili is a comfort food classic with a healthy plant-based twist!
- Chili with no beans – A great dish for those on a Paleo diet or for those who can’t tolerate beans.
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili – Love Wendy’s Chili? This one is delicious and so easy to make! Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Texas Beef Chili – It’s a hearty chili that’s packed with ground beef, fresh vegetables, and savory spices.
- Turkey & Red Bean Chili – Up for trying something a little different? Combine healthy ground turkey with an unlikely companion – red beans.
- California Turkey Chili – The warming flavors come straight from the Southwest: chili powder, cinnamon, and clove, and to lighten things up, make this chili with turkey.
- Cheesy Ground Beef Enchilada Chili – An award-winning instant pot chili recipe that took 10 years to discover.
Images belong to original recipe creators, referenced above.
TOOLS FOR MAKING AN INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoons
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- Oil Dispensing Bottle
- Salt Box with Spoon
- Chopping Knife
Need help learning how to use your Instant Pot? The Electronic Pressure Cooking 101 class is perfect for anyone new to Instant Pot cooking, or afraid to take it out of the box! 😉
One of my biggest challenges is getting dinner on the table every night. I know how easy it is to meal plan.
But, there’s so much to do in the evenings in such a short period of time. I’d rather talk to my hubby and kids than be in the kitchen cooking.
You may already know how big of a fan of efficiency I am. So the thought of an appliance that cooks dinner for me, that doesn’t come out looking like mush? Yes!
But, I have finally given in to a new appliance called the Instant Pot.
WHAT IS AN INSTANT POT?
A multi-cooker, combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Marker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster to support your busy lifestyle.
If you don’t already have an Instant Pot, you might be wondering “Why all the fuss?” I know I did!
I don’t really enjoy cooking. So, when I started hearing buzz about the Instant Pot, I didn’t pay much attention.
With so many of my friends getting them, it was hard to ignore the buzz. I kept hearing the same comments: multi-functional, easy, fast.
Mashed potatoes in 15 minutes. Steel cut oats in under 10 minutes. Does the work of multiple kitchen appliances.
You will no longer need your slow cooker, pressure cooker, or rice cooker.
I haven’t met one single person who doesn’t love their Instant Pot.
Why Everyone Is Talking About the Instant Pot
Unlike the old pressure cookers you might be picturing, Instant Pot has multiple safety features to make pressure cooking safer and easier. So, you can enjoy all the benefits of a pressure cooker with fewer risks.
But an Instant Pot is a lot more than a pressure cooker. It’s a rice cooker, slow cooker, sauté pan, steamer and even a yogurt maker! Instead of being ANOTHER kitchen appliance you have to store, it actually takes the place of several so you can free up cabinet or counter space!
I’m not a food blogger, so I checked in with my friends and found some easy Instant Pot recipes for you.