So, the renovation has begun, everything is spinning, and the topic of how to communicate with the builders during the process became relevant to you. Let’s consider the important points in communication with builders.
With whom to communicate during the repair?
Any person, who at least once in his life has made renovation of an apartment, realizes that this event sometimes resembles a battle. And in war, as you know, wins a stronger, more determined and confident opponent. The longer the repair lasts, the more the will of the customer weakens, but the will of the worker becomes stronger. In the case of negligence and phlegmatic on the part of the contractor must show great will, not afraid to go into conflict and part with bad contractors. Who to communicate with during the repair?
The customer has three levels of communication available:
- directly with the workers;
- with the foreman of the private team;
- the foreman of the construction company’s team.
Since we discuss communication already during the repair, we did not mention the designer. The discussion should be completed with the designer before the beginning of the repair; the result of his work is a plan, sketch of the proposed alterations, redevelopment or repair.
Allocation of responsibilities. Control and procurement.
It is important to understand that the contractor’s task is to do less work, and get more. If the client is cheated (within the limits of legality), this is an extra plus. The customer, in turn, wants the opposite – to get more and save money. Of course, there are proved contractors like Glassperts FL, and there is no need to check them all the time.
The obligations of the parties during the repair are reduced to two things:
- who controls the processes;
- who makes purchases.
According to the processes, it is important to inform the builders at once that the repair will be carried out with the customer’s control. There are several effective methods for this:
- sudden appearances during the process;
- checking the details when the repair of some area is complete (corners, joints, hidden niches);
- control of deadlines, and if they are overdue, a monetary penalty.
Important! Of course, you do not have to rub your employees. Everything depends on the situation. If the customer is lucky and has a decent builder, the excessive control will only make him nervous.
The criterion of successful control – the works are performed on time, qualitatively, without alterations.
Plus Appliance Repair company claims on purchases communication should be in line with mutual respect and understanding. For example, the customer’s awareness of the foreman’s additional earnings at his expense.
How can you be deceived by the contractor:
- over-expenditure of material with disposal of surplus material in your favor;
- purchase of expensive equipment (by cheques), and installation by fake;
- unnecessary services/work;
- changing repair technologies in your own favor (for example, more layers of plaster, paint, etc.);
- unjustified change of the estimate towards higher costs;
- purchase of materials at wholesale prices, and display to the customer at retail prices.
By the way, here is a collusion of the foreman with the sellers of wholesale sites, which put in the check the desired amount. We recommend that you immediately part with such “specialists”;
- simplification of work, due to which the quality and durability of repair suffers. This may be due to low qualifications, as well as intentionally;
- simple theft of objects, tools and materials.
So, the essence of the methods of deception comes down to one thing: to buy cheaper, and show the customer that the cheques bought more expensive.Or to make it easier, but to demand compensation from the customer.
Useful advice! Take over the purchases, getting rid of the temptation of untidy builders.
But there is a nuance – purchases should be made on time, so that the workers do not idle.
Is it worth punishing for defects or not?
Fixtures may not necessarily be intentional. They happen when the workers do not withstand the technology, use poor quality materials, tools, hurry and so on.
Inevitably, during repair, there will be conflicts over defects. How to properly communicate with the builders during the repair, if they make a defect? There are two ways: radical and liberal.
Radical – if a builder allows marriage, he either works like that all the time or is not interested in the final result. The way out is the refusal from the builder’s services.
Liberal way of communication – you fine a specialist, but you give him another chance. If the fault happens again, you give up his services.
Important! If the builders allow the marriage (and it happens almost always), you should point it out to them and make sure that they do not move on to the next stage/object until all the defects are eliminated by them.
More construction tips:
- Important Things To Consider When Hiring A Contractor
- 6 Home Renovation Projects Best Left To Experienced Contractors
- 7 Tips For A Successful Bathroom Renovation
- Some Uncommon Advantages Of Skip Bin Hire
- 6 Inexpensive Tricks A Construction Manager Must Know
[…] as well. No wonder if you are using these fashionable doors at your home then you have to take the sliding door repair services too when the doors will break or will arise dispute in it. The services are also available […]