Your diaper bag — it’s your faithful companion, carrier of all your needs, and pretty much your best friend.
Your diaper bag is now a part of your mommy brand. Once the little one is here, you’ll never ever leave home without it. But to make sure you’re getting the best out of your new bag bestie, you have a few considerations to make. So, how can you figure out what’s the best diaper tote for you?
To sum it up: You want a bag with features that accommodate your lifestyle. We’ll break down all the details below.
What You Should Consider For Your Diaper Bag
Finding the perfect accessory is going to depend on your personal preferences and your baby’s needs, so let’s get into it!
Your lifestyle largely dictates the diaper bag you’ll need. Important factors include whether you bottle or breastfeed, if you live in a city or suburb, and if you have more than one kid to care for. Here’s why:
- If you live in a city or see yourself going on frequent outings, a backpack-style diaper bag is probably the best. And if you’d like a bag that serves both function and fashion, the eb backpack is a great choice.
- If you’re opting for a bottle-fed life, your baby will need to eat every 3 to 4 hours those first few months. Consider an insulated tote that’s big enough for all those bottles.
- If you’re expecting twins or have children close in age, it’s time to seek out roomier options. Trust us — you’ll want some serious storage space!
Once you consider how you like to live your life and how you plan to care for your baby, your decision becomes a whole lot easier! And to make this process even smoother for you, we’ll now talk about important features you may want in a bag.
Features You’ll Need
No two bags are the same. One may have all the pockets in the world but no insulation. Another looks super cute but refuses ever to come clean. And while you may have found your perfect bag, that doesn’t mean your partner will agree. Who knew so much thought had to go into a diaper carrier?
Here are the most important features to consider:
- Ergonomic: You’ll be lugging this thing around all over, so it’s crucial to choose something comfy to carry. Your body will already be exhausted from days of play, feeding, and baby care. An ergonomic bag helps you maintain your natural spinal alignment to minimize that bodily stress.
- Who Uses It: Can your partner use the baby backpack as quickly as you can? Try to find something that compliments both you and your partner’s packing styles.
- Space: Remember when we said babies need a lot of things? We meant it. Make sure your bag can carry it all.
- Ease of Cleaning: Babies are cute, but man, are they dirty! A bag full of clean items will be filled with spit-up-covered things by the end of the day. You’ll want a bag you can easily clean the inside of, so it’s fresh for the next day.
We already know babies need a lot of stuff. Bottles, toys, wipes — the list goes on and on. But you have needs too, so your diaper bag should fit both you and your baby.
When choosing your style, remember to consider your life and how your bag can make it easier.