Boho – short for Bohemian fashion style, and it means a style of dress motivated by the lifestyle of free spirits & hippies of the 1960s and 1970s.
Boho style is lengthy flowing or tiered skirts, ethnic touches like tunics or wood jewelry, dresses, peasant blouses, embroidery or embellishment with beading, fringed bags, and jeweled or decorated flat sandals. The look is often layered and colorful.
Trends come & go, but a bohemian cult is for good. Boho is one of those styles that never honestly go away. Sure, you may compare specific motifs, silhouettes, and details with style. Nowadays, boho fashioned dresses no longer look like those that we saw before, and it’s safe to say that some of the bohemian-inspired trends have got their way to cover the fashion industry.
‘Boho’ and ‘boho chic’ are other names of bohemian culture that show earthy shades and hippie-inspired patterns. Besides being unconventional, it is highly expressive & free-spirited.
Boho Color Choices
There are no metallics, shiny or runway colors in boho attires—your desire to find many neutrals and understated solids in a boho capsule dresser for color play.
- Warm and cold hues are the standard choices in a boho collection. Pick soft colors in the minimalistic style and patterned shade if you love prints and abstracts.
- Four shades of blue or three shades of brown are sister hues to wear to supplement versatility to a boho look. Avoid individual and isolated colors.
- Neutrals, pastels, and rich hues are boho colors favorites. Neon colors are a big no-no.
- The gold color is an excellent idea in boho accessories. They are unique and complex and mix well with a boho wardrobe.
Boho Fabric Choices
- Nature-Inspired Materials is a boho must.
- Bohemian designs are complex, exotic, and stylized. Get into floral arrangements, tribal prints, Persian-origin paisley, lattice, ikat, kilim for Boho attire.
- Decorations in bohemian fashion are diverse and beautiful. Studs on footwear, tassel trims in clothing, fringe for kimonos, pom-pom for blouses, bikinis, clutches, bags, jackets never miss to impress.
Shoe-addicted ladies would love this as there are plenty of girlish footwear choices to complete your trendy boho look. These transitional styles are ideal for wearing seven days a week, something that you can use while working at home or just have it for a comfortable adventure. Boho footwear got a rugged and sophisticated look.
Working with a bohemian hairdo would mean ruffled hair for me. Something that would make you look relaxed, laid-back, and effortless as these are the key points for a boho casual or formal looks. Whether you are using soft color tones for hair dye or wish to rock an exciting ombre, never skip combining layered highlights to your hair.
Bohemian fashion can be hard to pull off, so just be playful and ready to make your boho fashion natural and on-point. Whether it’s a plain maxi skirt or a floppy-looking sun hat, a hippie headpiece, geometric-inspired prints or fringed shoes, or a messenger bag, wear light and eccentric to look boho.