Moms are often so busy working, taking care of their families, preparing meals, or getting their home in shape that they don’t take time to just be silly…or laugh.
According to WebMD, we change physiologically when we laugh. We stretch muscles throughout our face and body, our pulse and blood pressure go up, and we breathe faster, sending more oxygen to our tissues.
Here are five simple (and easy) ways moms can laugh (and should) everyday.
- Laugh every day. Try to find something to laugh about every day. Whether your kids mispronounce a word, make a silly face, or wear an item of clothing backward, laugh about it.
- Watch something funny. Watch America’s Funniest Home Videos, stand up comedies, comedic TV shows, or rom-com movies. I love Kevin Hart, anything featuring Will Ferrell, and Amy Schumer’s latest Trainwreck.
- Tell jokes. Grab a knock knock joke book and take turns with your family making everyone laugh. My daughter’s latest one is: “How many elves does it take to change a lightbulb?” “10 – 1 to change the lightbulb and 9 to stand on each other’s shoulders!”
- Laugh at yourself. Twice this week, I’ve taken an interstate exit in the wrong direction and had to drive in the opposite direction than I intended to go. Instead of getting mad, I just keep driving, laugh at myself, take the next exit, and get back on the interstate to get headed in the right direction.
- Get tickled. If you are ticklish, allow yourself to be tickled. It’s hard to stay mad, serious, or worried while you’re being tickled. It can turn your mood into a fun, silly, and playful one.
One thing you don’t want to have to worry about while you’re doing all of this laughing is…letting out a little trickle.
You may associate bladder leakage with old age – a problem that your parents or grandparents have to deal with. But, moms of all ages can tell you that bladder leakage can affect us, too.
After childbirth, let’s just say that all of your muscles don’t function the way they used to. Bladder leakage can happen while laughing, sneezing, coughing, or performing any strenuous activity.
Weakened muscles around the bladder and pelvis make it harder for you to control when urine starts — or when it stops.
Poise® incontinence panty liners stay 3X drier than leading regular size feminine care liners where needed most because they are specifically designed for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). The Absorb-Loc core quickly locks away wetness and protects against incontinence odor to help keep you fresh and dry. Now THINNER, Same Protection.
Poise® Maximum Absorbency Pads provide even more absorbency, giving you the confidence and protection you need. In addition to the Absorb-Loc® core quickly locking away wetness and odor, the Leak-Block* sides give you discreet and worry-free protection. The Dry-Touch® layer helps keep you feeling dry and fresh. Specifically designed for Bladder Leakage.
These are available at your local Sam’s Club. I love theses benefits of being a Sam’s Club member:
- Free shipping on select products. No need to shop in store. Have your order shipped right to your front door.
- Club Pick up. If you’d rather pick up your order, instead of waiting for delivery, order online and pick up in store. No waiting!
- Save time with subscriptions. Subscribe today and get your mus-haves shipped on a regular schedule of your choice.
[…] 5 Simple & Easy Ways Moms Can Laugh Everyday […]