Some weeks I feel like I go to the grocery store everyday. That’s a sure sign that life has gotten too busy and I’m not doing a good job of planning ahead.
These are 5 things I often run low on or run out of in my house:
1. Milk – My kids need milk for their cereal and my husband drinks milk with his oatmeal each morning. I rarely eat cereal and only need milk for cooking or baking. When I’m smart, I buy 3 gallons during my weekly shopping trip.
2. Bread -My daughter packs lunch a few days a week and her favorite lunch includes a cheese sandwich. I’ve started to buy two loaves.
3. That one thing you need for tonight’s dinner – For me it’s one can of beans when I make chili beans or french fries when we have hamburgers. Am I the only one this happens to?
4. Gas – My husband gets after me all of the time for letting my gas get too low. I know he’s right and should never let it get under 1/4 tank. I’m trying to be better about this.
5. Toilet paper – My daughter and I live with three guys: my husband, my son, and my husband’s college-age nephew. I have to make sure we have enough toilet paper in the bathroom’s linen closet, on the roll, and on my three-roll backup stash. Otherwise, these guys never refill the toilet paper.
Do you want to stop running out of these common things, too?
I can help you out on the toilet paper.
Scott® 1000 bath tissue has big news. Their long lasting rolls now LASTS EVEN LONGER. Get an additional 100 sheets on every roll at SAM’S CLUB. That’s more of the quality performance you love at the VALUE you’ve come to expect. Scott® 1000 bonus pack is available online and in select clubs.For even MORE savings, you can download the FREE Ibotta app to earn $5 off Scott® 1000 Bonus Pack at Sam’s Club®.
1. Under Grocery, find Sam’s Club
2. Find Scott® 1000 $5 offer
3. Unlock rebate
4. Purchase Scott®1000 bonus pack at Sam’s Club
5. Scan receipt and upload to Ibotta
6. Earn $5
Thank you to Scott® Tissue for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try Scott® 1000 Bath Tissue!
How do YOU make sure you don’t run out of things?
I’m with you on all of the above! My toddlers are big milk drinkers, so I pretty much live in fear of the day we run out. Also, I hate running out of butter. I love to bake, so I hoard it to make sure we always have enough.
I’m hosting a link party over on my blog, and I’d love to have you link this up! http://winsteadwandering.com/alder-collective-link-party-no-2/
I like number 4. I recall as a teenager taking friends to a party. My parent told me the gas hand does not work, so be sure to get gas. As a teenager naturally, I forgot to get gas. I ran out of gas on one of the coldest nights of the year. Had to walk about 2 blocks for gas. I will always remember keep the gas tank full. That was a hard learning lesson.
Audra @ Renewed Projects says
Yes, toilet paper! We used to be really really bad about this and moved onto paper towels and napkins before heading out to the store…a clear sign we were living to busy a lifestyle back then! No its the food items like you said, that one ingredient that you need to make dinner. lol Usually its eggs or Parmesan cheese.
Great list! I would put eggs on that list too.
I hate running out of milk, bread, and of course toilet paper haha! But I live walking distance to a Lunds so I always find myself running there if I run out of something. I have ibotta but I hardly ever use it. I really need to start using it more!
We buy the giant package of toilet paper at Sam’s too but I didn’t know you could use Ibotta there!! I guess I need to break down and look into this app, I love to save money!
I’m with you on these. I’d add toothpaste and deodorant!
Chasing Joy says
I’m with you on numbers 3 through 5. I run out of 1 and 2 often and I can manage it. 🙂
mary scott says
I remember reading somewhere, after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, we need to always keep a minimum of 1/2 tank of gas in the car. I used to follow the 1/4 tank rule, but now I rarely have less than 1/2 tank full.
Nicole Brewer says
Nice list! I agree, buying in bulk is just smart. I for sure do this for toilet paper.
OMG YES to gas! During hurricane Sandy NYC was going crazy for gas. I live up the block from a gas station and the lines were CRAZY.
Ari Adams says
I’m with you on these. I haven’t mastered the art of not running out of stuff yet. The Ibotta app sounds like a huge help.
Awesome post! I agree, those are some things you never want to run out of it! Toilet paper is a major one for me, lotion, and water are some other ones that I hope to never run out of!
I often forget that one ingredient for dinner and end up driving all the way back to the store. Running out of tp is the worse though.
I would love to know how long the toliet paper you got lasts. Milk/Lactaid goes in my household quickly too.
Mimi "MimiCuteLips" Green says
I’ve not purchased toilet paper since December 2014. I’m finally running low and I’m sad at the thought of having to buy more. hahaha.
I’m cracking up at leaving something out for dinner, babe be like didn’t you just go to the store? I stay forgetting that one thing especially french fries for the burgers LOL. Scott tissue is the best by the way has to stay on deck!
LaQuisha Hall says
My top 2 from your list: gas and toilet paper!! Lol. Great post!
I totally agree with them all! I feel like an unfit parent when we run out of milk and bread lol. My kids drive me crazy about the milk because they love milk. And oh my goodness, that one thing for dinner! Drives me CRAZY!