So, I have decided to do a new series on the ways my kitchen appliances make my life as a working mom easier. I will be reviewing our Refrigerator, Slow Cooker, Coffee Pot, Sunbeam Mixer, and Magic Bullet.
I know this is a little nerdy, but one of my favorite things about the house we live in is the Amana refrigerator. It’s easy to clean, maintain, and use for our family’s lifestyle. Here are 5 things I love about it and 5 things I think you need to look for when purchasing a refrigerator.
- Adjustable Shelves – I love being able to adjust them to accommodate beverages, leftovers, and weird-sized containers.
- Adjustable Compartments – I can adjust to meet the needs of jars, bottles, and other containers.
- Clear Drawers – Since, we put produce in one drawer and meats/cheeses in the other drawer, it’s easier to keep track of what we have and the kids can see the fruits & veggies for snacks.
- Compartment at the Bottom of Door – My absolute favorite feature of this refrigerator is that all of the space in the door is USEABLE!!! Other refrigerators, like the outdoor ones featured on this collection, have been designed in the same way and it is a practical feature that I really love.
- (Movable) Dividers – Like I said, everything is adjustable.
Since, I believe this refrigerator has been around since this house was built, I like to have a resource on hand for parts. I found through a quick Google search that Amana Parts can be found inexpensively online.