Valentine’s gifts can get expensive. But, you don’t have to have a large budget to show your Valentine your love. In fact, you don’t have to spend a dime.
I know that traditionally couples exhibit their love for each other with chocolates, flowers, or a night out on the town. But, sometimes even an extra $20 can be hard to come by. With a little creativity, you can show your love without pulling out your wallet.
- Make him breakfast.
- Cook her dinner.
- Perform one of his chores.
- Write her a love note.
- Leave a love note in his lunchbox.
- Give her a massage.
- Relinquish control of the remote to him.
- Burn a CD of your favorite songs (as a couple).
- Enjoy a bubble bath together (or let her take one by herself).
- Create a photo collage of special moments in your relationship for him.
- Arrange time off for her without the kids.
- Walk around your neighborhood, downtown, or park together.
- Take him on a romantic drive.
- Wash her car.
- Sing, play, or whistle a song (depending on your talent) for him.
- Go stargazing.
- Read poetry to her.
- Watch a movie (by whatever means you have that wouldn’t cost you any money i.e. library, Netflix, cable, regular TV, internet, etc.).
- Prepare a special dessert for him.
- Download a free e-book for her.
- Tell him all of the ways you’re happy he’s your Valentine.
- Set up a relaxing environment (candles, dim light, soothing music, or whatever works for your sweetie).
- Brew coffee for her.
- Dress the kids for school if that’s not something you usually handle.
- Get the kids to school (whether by bus or car).
These are great ideas! Because they’re free, these are the sorts of things we can do every day to encourage our husbands.
Thanks for sharing!
I truly think that’s one of our most important jobs as wife – to encourage.
Thanks for stopping by.
I love these ideas. The thing I like most is each are free and doable. Thanks for sharing, and feel free to link them on my Sunday’s Best linkup party.