Here’s a great infographic provided by Vista College about moms and college.
The infographic provides the following information:
- factors to consider when deciding on a profession
- which degree programs offer the best benefits and growth
- highest paying jobs
- percentage of workforce each industry shares
- time required for several online degree programs
It’s very well-researched with sources including Forbes, Yahoo!, and other colleges.
Here are my thoughts:
- It’s important for mom to have a job or career that makes her happy. If you are unhappy, you are like to have more stress. More stress presents itself in impatience with your kids, stress eating, and general frustration.
- With the added cost of childcare for working moms, it’s important to find a career that offers good pay.
- It is possible to go back to school (or go for the first time) without having to dedicate 4 years or more.
Although I earned my Bachelor in Communication Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a traditional 4-year university, I definitely see the value of online colleges for moms, especially working moms.