To save the surface from the deterioration and contamination, various types of concrete coatings are available in the market.
Some provide protection against extreme temperatures, some form a protective layer, some of them form a durable, thick covering and some make the surface resistant to scratching and retain their color or finish. There is a wide range of coating material to confuse you. But if you really want to shop for the best quality Concrete Coating, read here to know everything about the leading suppliers and the right places to visit.
The coating material can be used to decorate interiors as well as the exteriors of your house. They can be used in the kitchen, bedrooms, family rooms, driver ways, and patios. They have the ability to transform your damaged and dull-looking space into a brand new area. Therefore, before investing in coatings, let us discuss the different types of material and their utility to enjoy a good business deal.
- Penetrating:- It is an exterior concrete coating that penetrates into the surface to form a protective layer against deicing salts and moisture. It protects the surface from harmful UltraViolet rays and freezing temperatures. It is an inexpensive coating material that can easily be applied to the flooring. The natural appearance of the surface is not affected because it’s
- Acrylic:- This type of coating is applicable to both interior and exterior surfaces to protect them from damage. It is available in either oil or water base form. It comes in a glossy and matte finish which dries up quickly. This easy to apply to coat requires regular maintenance, when used for interior floors.
- Polyurethane:- This coating produces a high gloss finish. A coat of primer is necessary before applying this oil or water-based product. It is highly durable and so it can be used in high traffic areas. It is thicker than other materials like acrylic and penetrating but still, it is perfect for outdoor and indoor applications. To produce a more colorful effect a pigment can be added to the coating.
- Epoxy:- This coating material needs a two-component application process. To produce different colors and textures the coating material is provided with colored chips and sand (powder). It requires a long time for drying and comes with a slip, scratch, and chemical resistance.
- A Thin Overlay:- This surface coating is used to restore bumps, pits, cracks, and chips. For more strength and durability some overlays are featured with polymer resins. It is a repair option that cures the damaged area quickly. The inexpensive concrete overlays can produce attractive results if they are stamped, stenciled, stained, or textured.
Conclusion:- Therefore, after going through the various types of coating material, their pros and cons, if you are planning to add a coating to your concrete floors, make sure that you choose the appropriate material which is durable, inexpensive, and can work wonders for your outdoor and indoor finish. Choose the best product that ensures resistance to weather, chemicals, and does not slip. It prevents mold and mildew, dries up quickly without hassle. Look for good and efficient professionals who can complete your project on time and on budget.