Shop Amazon on Amazon Prime Day to get free shipping, great deals, and access to lots of books and movies.
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day comes only once a year (July 11, 2017) and you have only 24 hours to snag the deals. Set your alarm clock because sales begin at 6 pm PST / 9 pm EST on July 10.
The exact deals that will be offered have not been announced yet, but Amazon promises that there will be over 100,000 deals worldwide with new ones starting as often as every five minutes (in the U.S.).
1. Create an Amazon Prime account. Without an account, you won’t be able to shop the sale. If you’re not a Prime member, set up a 30-day trial on the site.
2. Download the Amazon shopping app. Using the app, you can track your favorite deals and receive notifications as soon as they launch. This will help you catch the most sought-after Lightning Deals before they disappear.
3. Set up one-click purchasing. The one-click purchase setting allows you to place orders with a single click. To turn on one-click, visit your account and navigate to the “manage addresses” page to link a payment method with your shipping address.
How does Prime Day work?
The first thing — and it’s the most important — is that the sale is only open to Amazon Prime members.
That does not mean you have to pay for the $99-a-year service (which can also be purchased on a month-to-month basis now). Eligible users can use a credit card to sign up for a 30-day FREE trial of the service which converts to a paid membership after that period, but can be canceled before you have to pay.
Wondering if it’s worth the hype? Amazon has promised to have twice as many television sets on sale compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
The best deals will probably be on video games, toys, computing devices, GoPro bundles, TVs and Fitbits.
Look for deals on Amazon brand products. Last year Amazon offered better deals on Amazon Fire products, Amazon Echo, and Amazon Elements household items.
According to TechRadar, Trunki suitcases should be on sale. These are suitcases designed for kids to ride on through the airport instead of walking (or sprinting) to catch their next flight. Beats by Dre headphones should be on sale.
Cameras, lenses, and other photography gear are widely expected to get marked down. According to the Christian Post, the Amazon Tap will be $50 off at $79, and they seem to have the scoop on other tech deals that aren’t showing up on Amazon yet. (Source)
What is Amazon Prime?
Your membership includes:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping
- Unlimited streaming with Prime Video: Choose from tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes
- Ad-free music with Prime Music: Listen to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos: Secure photo storage with anywhere access
- Access to Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and Kindle First: Borrow a book a month from over 800,000 titles and choose one pre-released title each month
- Early access to thousands of great deals: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon, and shop new events on MyHabit.com