There are many single mums and dads who manage to juggle everything; earning enough to maintain a lifestyle, making sure the kids are fed and clothed, keeping the home running smoothly and attending to any minor domestic emergency. If you do this on a daily basis, we bow to you; being a supermum/dad is a full-time job, and with that in mind, here are a few home management hacks that you can use.
Jobs not to tackle
You’re probably the kind of person who can turn their hand to anything, yet going down the DIY road isn’t always the best idea.
Here are a few chores to outsource;
- Window cleaning – With affordable window cleaning services in Adelaide, there is no need to get out the ladders. Cleaning the upper floor windows is dangerous and rather than taking risks, call in your local window cleaner and leave it to the professionals.
- Drain unblocking – Don’t make the mistake of tackling a drain blockage; first, you have to pinpoint the blockage, and then decide how to unblock it. Chances are you will only make matters worse, so resist the temptation to do a self-fix and call out a specialist.
- Electrical issues – Unless you happen to be an electrician, don’t tackle anything more than fitting a plug to an appliance or changing a lightbulb. Electricity can kill and with that in mind, pre-source a local electrician, who you can call at any time of day or night.
- Burst water pipe – We wouldn’t wish a ruptured water pipe on our worst nightmare! If you’re lucky, you will discover the issue in good time and scramble to shut off the water supply before the entire house is flooded! Imagine this, at this very moment, you have to turn off the water at the mains, can you do this? If you don’t know where that crucial valve is, you should find it today!
- Cleaning out the guttering – This needs to be done annually; order a yearly roof inspection and they will clean out the guttering as a matter of course. This is especially pertinent if you have tree branches overhanging the roof; if there is a blockage and a storm is overhead, the guttering will not be able to channel the excess rainwater, which will run down the exterior walls.
Pre-source essential services
The following numbers should be pre-sourced.
- 24-hour plumber
- 24-hour electrician
- Drain specialist
- Roofing contractor
- Tree surgeon
Store the numbers in your smartphone and you can deal with any domestic emergency, from a leaking roof to a blocked drain and let’s not forget affordable window cleaning from a local contractor.
If you do all this and have a couple of young kids to look after, kudos to you! Stay-at-home parents rock and we hope the above information helps you to manage your home.