Corporate events are a great thing when you want to bring people together, provide proper training, and overall boost company culture. These events are usually carefully shaped not only to be friendly and inviting but also to be fun. When people are together they want to have fun.
To bring employees together and motivate them to work as a team toward mutual goals, corporate events are getting more exciting, interesting, and better planned. Check below how to organize the perfect corporate event in Montreal that everyone will remember and love.
Choose Your Event Type
Different people have different interests. If possible, always ask your employees what kind of event they would enjoy. Is a visit to a local museum something that sparks their interests, or are they more into trying new tastes and flavors, such as beer tasting in Montreal (this is always a great idea as Montreal is home to some of the finest world beers), or karting is something that everyone wants to try?
Take into consideration their feedback and build an event where they can testify that their desires are being heard. Are you planning a large-scale conference for a couple of days? If so, it offers more space for funnier events.
Set a Budget
Know how much you want to spend on your event. Take into consideration all factors including:
- Venue costs
- Food cost
- Drinks cost
- Accommodation-related costs
- Travel expenses
- Speakers fee
Do not forget about marketing expenses (this will vary depending on the size of the event). Think about unplanned situations and add some extra just in case. If possible do not overspend it.
Set a Goal
Every event needs a goal. Even when you organize something for people to hang out, there is still a goal – to get them to know each other, which should help them connect and eventually work better toward a mutual goal, as a team.
If you skip setting a goal your event won’t make much sense.
- Do you want to provide new training?
- Do you want to educate them on something new, to help them have a better life-work balance?
- Do you just want them to get to know each other, or to understand the company better?
Always have a goal on your mind and follow up on that once the event is completed.
7 Quick Tips On How To Organize The Perfect Corporate Event In Montreal
- Choose the best venue: aim to get enough space for everyone to feel welcome.
- Have a team that will work on event planning only.
- Think about safety, and get a venue with the right fire measures and first aid equipment.
- Explore Montreal and see what is there that your employees might enjoy the most.
- Create a timeline: this should help you keep things in order.
- Think about food requirements – provide food for those who are on special diets, so they do not feel left out or hungry.
- Promote your event.
Last but not least, send out surveys after the event. Ask people about their experience, what was really great and what can be improved for the next corporate event. You can start planning your next business event based on those inputs.
- Corporate Housing in Toronto: How It Works
- How is social learning changing corporate learning?
- Tips On Hosting Corporate Parties
- How to Throw a Stress-Free Holiday Party
- Why Live DJs Always Elevate Special Events
- The Benefits Of Hiring Event Planners
- What to Think About When Planning Your Event
- 5 Amazing Ways to Pump Up Your Party