I am busy and need quick/easy choices that are yummy but still better than usual feel-good foods.
When Your Health Is a Wake-Up Call
I’ve shared a few times before that I am diabetic.
In previous months, I’ve had several doctor’s appointments in an attempt to lower my A1C. My doctor told me that if I was not able to improve it by my next three-month checkup, that I would have to start on insulin.
I’m not a fan of pricking my finger to check my blood sugar. So I was definitely not excited to sign up for using insulin every day by a needle!
So, that was my wake up call to get myself in check. I’ve tried many times before to eat healthier, but the bottom line is I wasn’t willing or able to modify my habits in order to improve my diet.
I don’t have a choice this time.
To help, he increased the strength of one of my medicines and required that I began taking all of this much more seriously. I have to improve my diet, which includes eating breakfast and eating more vegetables.
In addition, I began meeting with a nurse in my doctor’s office to discuss counting carbs, daily exercise (or at least three times weekly), monitoring my blood sugar, and taking my medication correctly.
My schedule is crazy, but I’m trying to create new habits which in turn will make up a new lifestyle.
Better Habits = Better Health
I have to confess that I typically don’t eat breakfast. I know, I know. That’s not good. It’s just that I’m running around in the morning getting kids dressed and off to school. Then, I’m hurriedly getting out the door myself. Usually, it’s a couple of mugs of coffee and that’s it. No wonder, I’m ravenous by lunchtime!
I just don’t have time to sit down to eat in the morning. I need something I can consume during my commute or easily at my desk.
With Jimmy Dean® Delights, I never have an excuse. I can heat up a sandwich quickly before I have to run out the door or store a box in the freezer at work. I can have a leisurely breakfast at my desk while checking email.
The variety helps keep me from getting bored and the convenience saves me time.
- Breakfast bowls (with turkey sausage or garden veggies)
- English Muffins (with turkey sausage, chicken sausage, Canadian bacon)
Staying Fueled All Day Long
Getting enough vegetables is easy for me. I LOVE salads! I haven’t met one yet that I didn’t like. Mexican. Asian. Italian. All-American.
It’s easy to incorporate variety into your lunch salads with all the toppings – veggies, cheeses, dressings, nuts, fruits, and proteins.
With over a dozen Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast varieties including these below, your lunch will never be boring!
- Seasoned Chicken Strips
- Fajita Chicken Strips
- Southwestern Chicken Strips
- Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- Herb and Tomato Chicken Strips
- Hickory Smoke Beef Strips
- Steakhouse Seared Seasoned Beef Steak Strips
- Chicken Breast Fillets
- Pulled Chicken Breast
WHY I LOVE MY SAM’S CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Free shipping on select products. No need to shop in-store. Have your order shipped right to your front door.
- Club Pickup. If you’d rather pick up your order, instead of waiting for delivery, order online and pick up in-store. No waiting!
- Save time with subscriptions. Subscribe today and get your must-haves shipped on a regular schedule of your choice.
- Easy reorder. Choose frequently ordered items, create a list online, or upload a spreadsheet.When I logged in to place my order, these items popped up in the frequently ordered section. This makes it really quick and easy to generate a new order for the items we need the most.