The fake ID industry will remain lucrative if American adolescents consider purchasing and consuming alcohol a rite of passage. The illicit market for fraudulent identification and underage drinking combines a sophisticated global market with a thriving domestic market.
5 Ways Fake IDs Impact American Teens
- American teens have established a distinct culture of binge drinking, even though the drinking age in the country is 21. Teenagers require fake IDs to partake in the cultural rite of passage associated with using and purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- Teens have an increased desire for alcohol, particularly when they have the impression that doing so would be enjoyable. The “immediate satisfaction” from drinking is a major draw for young people.
- A fast onset of alcohol’s effects means that it delivers instant gratification, particularly for young people prone to binge drinking. Teens say they drink because they feel more confident and less inhibited, but alcohol may also make them sleepy, sick, and have headaches, so it’s not all fun and games.
- Teenagers in the United States are more likely to obtain fake IDs and drink alcohol when influenced by peers, among other factors. CBS reported on research that over 75% of 12-17-year-olds were more inclined to participate in underage drinking if they observed their friends engaging in the behavior on social media. To paraphrase one of Cialdini’s six principles of persuasion, “We replicate what others do, particularly when we are uncertain,” social proof is a powerful tool. Therefore, the social tendency to conform strengthens the market for alcohol and fake IDs.
- Underage drinking and fake IDs are normalized in media such as movies and television programs. Streaming media like Netflix and others portray alcohol use as a positive and everyday social activity in their original programming. America’s elite high school students often drink while underage.
All between the ages of 15 and 19 can enter bars, get alcohol regularly, and portray alcohol use as nothing out of the ordinary. With an average female viewership of 12–17 years old, the hit series “Gossip Girl” normalizes drinking among young female viewers by depicting it as something they often do.
Underage Drinking and Fake IDs are Normal
In the United States, criminal activity associated with using fake ids and underage drinking is a cultural norm and rite of passage.
Going to a bar or bat mitzvah, getting married, and receiving a high school graduation are rites of passage that represent a social change. Even though they are underage, young Americans are expected to engage in adult activities such as drinking and purchasing alcohol.
Teens need phony identification cards to enter bars, purchase alcohol, and drink illegally. Numerous adolescents in the United States use fake IDs to say they are at least 21 years old. Underage students in the United States account for the bulk of false ID demand. To meet this requirement, review sites such as idgod reviews and bogusbraxtor reviews provide information about reputable fake id sites.
Some clients want to skip intermediaries and make direct transactions with overseas merchants, even if it requires providing sensitive information such as their names and addresses.
After turning 21 and acquiring a legitimate ID, you will no longer need the phony ID. These IDs are then resold to destitute adolescents, who use them to buy alcohol and obtain entry to bars with their friends, establishing yet another black market.
As long as the legal drinking age remains at 21, there will be considerable demand for phony identification to satisfy the desire of minors to consume alcohol.
Additional Motivating Factors Why Young People Use Fake IDs
Teenagers nowadays seek to make false ids for various reasons, not simply because they want to use them to buy alcohol.
For the Sake of the Nightlife
Teens have only one desire: to attend parties and drink beer. However, some adolescents are more interested in having a great time at a nightclub than trying alcohol.
To Take a Girl Out on a Date
Teenage boys trying to impress a girl on a date frequently use fake ids to avoid looking immature. The common reason is that he’ll appear more mature if he buys a drink.
Facebook Account Duplication
A new security check has been introduced to the Facebook sign-up procedure. Creating a new account for a teen may be challenging since each user on Facebook must be confirmed with a driver’s license.
Stealing Someone Else’s Identify
Theft of personal information is another motivation for forging identification documents when criminals plan to assume another person’s identity to take advantage of that person’s assets and profile.
Online Sales of Fake IDs Soars
The proliferation of the internet has helped meet and even increase the soaring demand for false IDs among young people by making it much simpler for them to transmit their details through websites. U.S. minors generate a lot of revenue for sites like bogusbraxtor and idgod.ph, which make the IDs in an “offshore location,” usually China.
Juvenile buyers need to visit one of the sites, fill out the required fields of information, and upload a picture of themselves (posing against a blank wall) and their signature. This data is then transmitted to a factory in China, where fake IDs are mass-produced and shipped back to the United States in deceptive packaging.
Fake ID Review Sites Add Hype
Sites like idgod reviews and bogusbraxtor reviews are only two of the many review platforms used by these manufacturers to boast about the superiority of their IDs. Review sites like idgod review add to the hype and appeal to kids by highlighting positive feedback from previous customers, describing how easy it is to order, and displaying images of teens drinking in bars.
Also, if you purchase many IDs at once, you may save money at the reviewed websites. Teens are more likely to buy IDs after using this method because of the reviews they read from their peers.
Students’ insatiable need for illegal substances and identification documents sustains the underground market for them. On college campuses, fake IDs will reign supreme as students of all ages seek older buddies to purchase booze for weekend parties and incoming first-year students seek entry into bars.
Teenagers fuel an illicit economy stretching from China to everywhere else. The internal market crosses national boundaries as IDs are exchanged across states. This industry will keep expanding so long as drinking is ingrained in American society and the legal drinking age remains at 21.
- Reasons Why Teenagers Want Fake Ids
- Qualities Of High-Quality Fake Ids: And How To Get Them From Idgod
- Educating Yourself on Fake Florida IDs and the Reasons Young People Use Them