The backyard is nothing but a very personal space for your family. In fact, most of the families across the country do some interesting activities in their backyards, especially during weekends.
The tiniest members of your family, the kids, find this space heaven when they have some interesting games to play here. Of course, you have to plan something interesting that will make the kids enthusiastic and engaged.
There are some great games like hula-hoop chain game or backyard golf game that can be arranged for kids in the backyard. Let’s have a look:
- Hula-hoop chain game – It’s a team game and your kids will be excited to participate in this game. Kids are divided into two teams. There is no upper limit of team members. Each team gets one hula hoop. Kids of the same team hold hands together forming a chain. A hula hoop is held at the beginning of the chain and each member of a team passes through the hula hoop without breaking the chain. Each team does the same thing. The team that does it in a better way wins the game.
- Cornhole game – This a funny but very exciting game that can develop various mental skills like focus and perseverance. The game is played between two teams. One or two cornhole board is required to play the game along with some cornhole bags. The entire set can be bought from the market or online. If a bag stays on the board the team gets 1 point and if it targets the hole the team gets 3 points. In this way, the team that scores 21 first wins a game.
- Putterball game – This is a backyard golf game or mini golf game. Putterball is a perfect backyard game where adults can also participate along with kids. To play the game, a putterball game set is required. Kids are divided into two teams. There is no upper limit of team members in a team but 2-4 members make a perfect team. The target of a team should be to make all six cups before the opponent team. The game has three steps, i.e. turns, redemption, and overtime. The team that makes all six cups first is the winner of the game.
- Croquet game – The backyard can be turned into a croquet mat for kids. This is another miniature format of golf. The game is full of fun and excitement. Kids enjoy the game a lot. The game can be played with 2 to 4 players. There are 4 balls of four different colors used in the game – blue, red, black, and yellow. The balls are played in this order in the game. If there are 4 players, 2 players make a team. In a single-player team, each team holds two balls each. A mallet is used to strike the ball. A ball could be stricken with the face of the mallet only to a hoop.
- Sac race – This is a classic traditional sport for kids that can be comfortably arranged in the backyard. This game enhances strength and develops an interest in outdoor games.
- Bucket toss – Bucket toss is an all-time favorite game of kids. Fill several buckets with attractive gifts and give a ball to the kids to target each bucket from a distance. Each kid takes their turn one by one. One kid gets one turn in every session. The gifts in the buckets that the kids target successfully become their respectively.
- Balloon stomp – This is almost like bucket toss but a bit different as kids have no idea what gifts are waiting for them inside each inflated balloon. They try to stomp a balloon at one go. Each kid takes their turn to stomp one balloon.
These easy but utterly interesting backyard games keep the kids physically active and engaged simultaneously. Arrange different games for them to keep their interest high. In the long run, these easy backyard games have several positive effects on the kids.
More Game Ideas