In the heat of the summer, everyone is looking forward to spending most of the time outside, by the pool or in the backyard enjoying the long and sunny days with loved ones. Once the summer heat kicks in, one can’t help but take the BBQ out for a delicious meal with friends and family.
If you are looking for some fresh ideas and recipes for your next BBQ gathering, we got you covered. Here are several universally good recipe ideas with additional flavors to thrill everyone. Dig in!
1. Barbeque Ribs
No summer BBQ is complete without delicious and juicy BBQ ribs grilled to perfection and glazed with the favorite BBQ sauce. Ribs are generally easy to prepare but it takes some experience to master the recipe. If you enjoy cooking you can experiment with the recipes and prepare finger-licking good franklin bbq ribs or follow our simple recipe that enhances the flavors of the meat despite choosing pork or beef.
Copyright: Unsplash | CC0 Public Domain
- 5 lbs baby back ribs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Olive oil
- Preferred BBQ sauce
- In a big bowl combine together all the seasoning ingredients and mix them well to combine to prepare the dry rub
- Lay tin foil on a large baking sheet
- Lay one of the racks of ribs on top, brush it with olive oil and coat with the dry rub
- Repeat the procedure with all pieces of ribs
- Cover each rack of ribs with the foil, wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator overnight
- When ready to cook, grease the grill with oil so the meat won’t stick
- When the grill is hot and ready, place the ribs bone side down on the grill
- Grill for about an hour then turn over each piece and cook an additional hour
- After about 2 hours or so, the ribs should be cooked and tender. If not, continue for an additional 30 minutes
- Once they are done, transfer the ribs to a big serving plate and brush them over with a lot of BBQ sauce
BBQ ribs are served immediately to enjoy the juiciness of the meat and deliciousness of the sauce until hot. Serving them with french fries and beer, or wine per preference is enough for a perfect outdoor meal on a sunny summer day.
2. Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken
Whenever you want to add a little spiciness to a sweet recipe, ginger is the right choice. In this flavourful BBQ recipe, we bring a delicious twist to the famous and very much loved grilled chicken. One thing is for sure, kids will love it. Let’s take a look at the recipe.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or any type of sugar preferred)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 2 ½ pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- To prepare the marinade, take a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, water, oil, honey, brown sugar, lemon, garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- Store ⅓ of the marinade in the fridge. This will be used for glazing the chicken later, when on the grill
- Season the chicken drumsticks with a pinch of salt, and add them to the large bowl together with the marinade. Mix to coat each piece evenly and leave it in the refrigerator for an hour or up to 12 hours.
- Before you’re ready to cook the chicken, remove the chicken from the marinade
- Preheat a grill to 400 degrees F and grease the grill with oil
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook. Flip the drumsticks every 10 min and brush each drumstick with the marinade several times during grilling.
- Cook until golden brown and ready
Once ready, place the sweet and spicy chicken drumsticks on a large plate. You can choose to garnish it with roasted peanuts to add crunchiness together with diced onion.
3. Grilled Vegetables
Summer is the time to eat as many vegetables and fruits as possible. Moreover, the seasonal fresh produce is so delicious, healthy and hydrating that it should be included with each meal. If you want to add some smoky aroma putting the vegetables on the grill is an excellent way to serve delicious side dishes and please your vegetarian friends. In this recipe, we’ll feature the best vegetables for grilling.
Copyright: Pixabay | CC0 Public Domain
Vegetables to use:
- Bell peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Additional spices and herbs for seasoning per preference
- Slice all vegetables at the same thickness and size so they will cook at the same rate. Avoid slicing the vegetables too thin as they are likely to burn or disintegrate on the grill
- Drizzle all pieces of vegetables with olive oil and use your hand to coat them evenly
- Season with salt and freshly ground paper. Per preference, feel free to add herbs like oregano, basil and dill
- Grill the veggies over medium heat. You can cook with an open or close lead. If you close it, you’ll get a similar environment as in the oven and they will keep more of their natural sources
- Check their progress frequently and flip every 5 minutes until done
Copyright: Unsplash | CC0 Public Domain
Once you take the veggies off the grill, serve them on a big round plate. Per preference, you can sprinkle ground parmesan or feta cheese, or any preferred sauce, or pesto. The best thing about grilled veggies is that they are immensely delicious to eat as such, with dressings or any food combination. Enjoy!
Absoluely delicious recipe. Better than take-out. What is the name of the instrumental that is playing in the background of the video? Thanks for sharing recipe AND music.printed pizza box
Sounds delicious. I want to try making this for this blog https://bubbies.com
Such a nice blogpost and the recipes are just WOW! The overnight oats are really delicious and so easy to prep day-to-day.soup recipes easy
Looks delicious! I’m going to add a few spices for a Cajun twist using https://dedescajuncuisine.com/product/jambalaya/
Zero Waste cooking is really wonderful! If we think about how much food waste is being thrown away each year we must start thinking more of the food we throw. It is great that we can also save a lot of money by using all the food materials we have! 🙂 Thanks for the post! 🙂Coffee Recipes