Any experienced father or mother will tell you that it is incredibly hard bringing up children in today’s modern environment. There are so many distractions available to them in the form of digital devices and the Internet offers them so many options when it comes to filling up all of their free time.
As a parent, it is your job to be responsible for your kid’s behaviour both at home and when they are at school or out on the daily shopping trip with you. The thing to remember is that kids tend to learn quickly as long as you provide them with what could be regarded as positive and regular guidance.
Many children nowadays have been diagnosed as autistic and this makes controlling their behaviour even more difficult. The good news is that there is ABA therapy available to them from competent professionals. They will put therapy into place that allows you to understand your kids behaviour better and you will be provided with tips to improve behaviour that is socially acceptable and it helps to improve your kid’s communication and learning skills as well. The following are just some top tips to help to encourage good behaviour from your children.
- Spend quality time with them – This doesn’t mean putting cartoons on the television and being in the room with them or handing them your smart phone so that they can play games. This means being their childcare provider and spending real quality time where you are playing with your kids, reading them stories and having a general conversation about how their day is going so far.
- Give them positive attention – Remember how it feels to get a hug from a close friend or family and now apply that same feeling to a young kid. Children love to get hugs from their parents and if you are a parent are constantly encouraging them and you are smiling while doing so then this creates a very positive experience for them.
- Lead by example – you cannot expect your children to behave properly if you as an adult are not doing that very thing yourself. Children learn from their parents and remember it isn’t always about what you’re doing and it can always be about what you’re saying. Children are like sponges and they pick things up very quickly and so if you want your child to have good manners and to speak quietly and softly then practised these things yourself.
- Provide positive feedback – if your kid is behaving particularly well then you should always remind them that this is a positive thing and so you give them positive reinforcements every time that they exhibit good behaviour. Positive comments allow your child to focus on their behaviour and if you’re giving them constant encouragement when they are doing so then this is a win-win situation for everyone.
When you make promises to your child with regard to rewarding them for their good behaviour, always follow up and keep the promises that you have made. You can’t tell them that you will reward them for their positive behaviour and then forget to do it later.
- How to Teach Your Kids About Generosity
- 5 Parenting Tips Every Parent Should Know
- How to Properly Use Interactive Learning Methods to Help Your Kids Thrive
- How to Help Your Kids with Homework the Right Way
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Safe Internet Use