When you plan to start a restaurant, the primary aspect to consider is the kitchen equipment. Without proper tools in place, it can become difficult to run an eatery business.
You can purchase the equipment from trusted brands like Russel Hendrix restaurant supply to furnish your kitchen with the best in the industry. Foodservice appliances are classified into four different categories: cooking, food preparation, refrigeration and storage, and cleaning.
This article has listed the most common kitchen appliances and tools every restaurant should possess. However, you must remember that various restaurants could require extra appliances.
Appliances for cooking are essential in any kitchen. Make sure to consider the kitchen equipment you will use the most frequently while acquiring them for the restaurant business.
Here is the essential cooking equipment checklist:
- Range (pick gas or electric based on kitchen setup and your priorities)
- Oven (for roasting, braising, baking, and many more uses)
- Deep Fryer (suitable for frying a range of dishes)
- Grill (for giving foods a charred, smoky flavor)
- Microwave (to reheat food, unfreeze frozen items, and heat sauces)
- Coffee Brewer (to make a variety of coffee beverages)
- Toaster (to toast bread and bagels)
- Broiler (ideal for finishing dishes, melting cheese)
- Holding Apparatus: (to maintain a particular temperature for your food).
Refrigeration and Storage Equipment
Any eatery business will require storage gear to stock ingredients and small wares. You can keep the appliances and ingredients in storage and refrigeration gear.
Capacity and form are the two main criteria to consider when purchasing a refrigerator for storage. Make sure the tools you purchase fit with the design of the kitchen and can manage the volume of food the restaurant needs to make at once.
The sort of refrigeration devices you pick will be based on the kind of restaurant you run and your particular refrigeration requirements.
Checklist for refrigeration equipment:
- Refrigerators or fridges by brands like Russell Hendrix for restaurant supply include reach-in fridges, walk-in models, pass-through models, and prep refrigerators that you can pick from as per your need.
- Separate Drink Dispensers
- Ice Makers
Checklist of storage tools:
- Racks for Pans
- Racks for Plates and Bowls
- Food Storage Disposables
- Bussing and Utility Carriages
- Racks for Dunnage
- Drying Racks
Food Preparation Tools
Based on the menu and the recipe preparation requirements, the restaurants will need to purchase a variety of appliances and tools for food preparation.
Checklist for essential food prep equipment:
- Prep Tables (can be used as a surface for prepping ingredients or assembling dishes)
- Food Processors (shred cheese, cut vegetables, prepare sauces, and combine ingredients)
- Blenders (for mixing drinks, sauces, and marinades)
- Mixers (to grind the ingredients)
- Spice Grinders (to freshly ground spices and herbs)
Small wares, such as those by Cambro, are the kitchen tools that the cooking staff will utilize to make and cook the meals. Ensure you order the proper quantity of small wares for the kitchen as it avoids food delivery delays due to a lack of preparation tools.
Checklist of necessary small wares for a professional kitchen:
- Cutting boards
- Chef Knives
- Bowls and Containers
- Pans and Pots
In the food service field, maintaining proper cleanliness and hygiene is crucial. Therefore, you must ensure that the kitchen and serving area has every cleaning equipment and janitorial supplies it requires. It is also a great idea to hire a restaurant cleaning Huntsville, TX company, or one similar in your area for a monthly deep clean, just to ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen is as best as possible.
Based on the equipment and flooring, restaurants and kitchens may need different cleaning products to each other. But this doesn’t have to be difficult. If you want to make procurement simple and easy, you can Buy Janitorial Supplies Online.
Checklist of essential cleaning items for every restaurant:
- Cleaning Rags
- Microfiber Cloths
- Food-safe Sanitizers and Chemicals
- Bins for Trash
- Mop buckets and Cleaning Mops
- Utensil Sponges and Surface Scrubbers
- Dustpans and brooms
- Washroom equipment
- Three-drawer sink
The above-listed gear and other tools are relatively essential for a restaurant business. However, more culinary utensils could be required depending on the kind of restaurant, the menu, and the serving method. When purchasing kitchen essentials, be sure to choose tools of reasonable quality from trusted brands since these tools will be used in the preparation of foods and are significantly responsible for your business’ success.