In recent years, weighted blankets have been exceptionally popular because these blankets are designed to apply deep pressure stimulation. Deep pressure stimulation can greatly help reduce anxiety, promote calmness, and offer improved overall well-being.
Like any blanket, it is a good idea to wash them regularly. Therefore, let us ask an important question: are weighted blankets washable?
Gaining More Insight into Weighted Blankets
Before being discussed in their washability, it is important to understand what weighted blankets are made of and how they are manufactured. Most weighted blankets include two major components: an outer cover and an inner weighted filling.
The outer cover usually consists of durable and soft fabric such as cotton or microfiber. Generally, the inner filled part of weighted blankets comprises small weights such as glass beads or plastic pellets that are well-distributed within the blanket.
What Are the Variants of Weighted Blankets?
Weighted blankets come in different types, and their washability largely depends on the specific design and materials used. Some of the common types are:
- Removable Cover: There are certain weighted blankets that have a removable cover. The blanket has all its weight centered in the fabric. So, it won’t be easy to get dirt or any other type of debris from outside the bed. Therefore, the cover is usually machine washable. There is no instruction manual, though you can follow the steps mentioned on the care label for proper washing.
- Non-Removable Cover: Other weighted blankets don’t have a removable cover. Hence, they need to be washed as a full blanket measure. However, the inner weight may not wash separately depending on the product model.
Washing Guidelines for Weighted Blankets
When it comes to weighted blanket washing, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and professionals’ recommendations. Here are some general guidelines when washing a weighted blanket:
- Care Label: Check the care label attached to the weighted blanket before washing. The care label provides instructions on cleaning the blanket, including information about water temperature and washing machine settings and whether to use detergent.
- Spot Cleaning: Spot cleaning may be an option if there is a small stain or dirt on a specific portion of the weighted blanket. Gently blot the stained area with a mild detergent and water solution, then rinse with a clean damp cloth, usually hanging around waist level. Allow the spot to fully air dry before proceeding with the next steps.
- Machine Washing: If the whole weighted blanket could be washed in a front-loading washing machine, follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Avoid bleach or fabric softeners, which can damage the blanket’s fabric or weight distribution. Washing the blanket separately or with similar fabrics is always best, so tangling or damage isn’t an issue. YNM cooling weighted blankets are machine washable in a cold, gentle setting. Check these blankets out by visiting this page.
- Drying: Air drying after washing is often recommended for weighted blankets. Lay the blanket on a clothesline or flat on a clean surface. Avoid direct sunlight; otherwise, the colors will fade. See to it that it’s completely dry before storing it or using it again.
Some weighted blankets are made with removable covers that can be washed by running them through a washing machine, but others may require an entire blanket to be washed with or without machine-washable inner fillings. Either way, try out YNM today to get weighted blankets that are washable and easy to maintain.
- How a Throw Blanket Can Transform Any Room In Your Home
- Why You Should Purchase Weighted Blankets Online
- How to Pick the Best Fabric for a No-Sew Blanket?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Making the Most of Gravity Blankets
- Make your bedroom a real comfort zone with the best mattresses