Having guests over is another way of saying you are comfortable inviting them into your personal space, your home. Perhaps you would also want to entertain them over a few drinks or food.
Anyhow, when you invite people over, you need to clean and make your home as presentable as possible. You can start with the easy tasks first and eventually work your way into more deep cleaning. So, how do you make your home as spotless as possible?
For Unexpected Guests:
- Ask For Professional Help
If your guests will arrive in a few hours and the house is still a big mess, it’s evident you need help. Your house mess could include food splatters and crumbs around the kitchen, dirty dishes in the sink, dusty windows, cobwebs on the ceiling corners, and clogged drains. Fortunately, you can read more, book cleaning services from Maids 2 Match Arlington, Tx or other similar providers.
You can start thinking about what snacks, drinks, or food to prepare for your guests while waiting for a confirmation from the cleaning company. A few tips to prepare before a cleaning company arrives, though: remove as much clutter as possible, put away your bathroom essentials and store them in the cabinets, put clean sheets on your bed, and do the more manageable tasks you can handle. All you need to think about now is what food to Prepare and what scent to use.
For Guests Arriving In A Few Days:
If your guests will arrive in a few days, you can do the cleaning yourself. Plan a cleaning strategy or write a checklist, so you’ll have a guide and won’t forget small details. That list may include the following:
- Clear The Entrance
This is the first thing your guests will see; thus, you need to remove any unsightly things like newspapers, mail, and trash. If you have boxes from online shopping, now is the best time to put them away. Don’t forget to dust off under the welcome mat. Polish your doorknobs, too.
- Make Your Bathroom Or Powder Room Squeaky Clean
Your bathroom or powder room will be the most visited room, so you need to clean it thoroughly. You also need to get rid of the odor or chemical smell after cleaning.
- Remove the bathroom essentials out of the way and start cleaning the sink and mirror. Spray them with disinfectants and wipe your faucet handles.
- Put the toilet bowl cleaner and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Wipe the toilet seat and handles while waiting. After 5 minutes, scrub the toilet bowl with a brush, then clean the brush after use.
- Spray the tiles and bathroom floors with water-infused chlorine or any disinfectant you prefer, and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.
- Empty the trash bin and replace it with a new trash bag.
- Restock hand towels, toilet papers, hand soap, and other bathroom essentials. You may also include a bathroom spray.
- Prepare The Kitchen And Dining Room For A Cooking Fest
Your kitchen and dining room are where you’ll be preparing food and drinks for your guests. These can also be places to entertain your guests and show off some cooking skills, or perhaps share a recipe or two.
- Wash the dishes, then store them in the cupboards.
- Dust off and wipe the kitchen cabinets, fridge, toaster, blender, coffee maker, and other small appliances. Remember to clean the inside of the microwave oven.
- Scrub greases off your stove and oven.
- Clean your kitchen sink. Refill your hand soap dispensers.
- Spray a disinfectant solution onto the countertops.
- Sweep and mop your floors.
- Restock your cupboards, pantry, and fridge. Replace old sponges, rags, paper towels, and trash bags.
- Empty the trash bin and replace it with a new trash bag.
- An optional touch would be to put fresh flowers on the countertops.
For the dining room, dust off the furniture, sweep and mop your floors, wipe the dining table, and arrange the centerpiece. For faux flowers, arrange the setup; and for real flowers, replace the water and get new ones. Don’t forget to prepare the table, and bring out the best tableware and silverware to good use. If you don’t have enough furniture, you can buy dining table and chairs Newcastle for additional seating.
- Beautify The Living Room
Your living room is where you will spend most of your time with your guests, apart from the kitchen or dining room. Replace the sofa covers and throw pillowcases, as well as the curtains. Arrange the table centerpiece, too. Sweep and mop the floors, and vacuum the rug as well. Moreover, put accent pieces if you have one.
For Guests Staying Over For A Few Days:
- Tidy Up The Bedroom or Guest Bedroom
Pick up dirty clothes and wash them. Then, put them neatly into your dresser or cabinet. Make your bed, and dust off and wipe your side tables. Replace your curtains after you wipe your windows clean, too. Sweep and mop the floors. Clean your bathroom, and prepare toiletries and new clothes for your guests as well.
- Style Your Home
Finally, style your home. Put hotel-like scents or any scent you prefer into your diffuser to freshen up the air. You may also choose to open all the windows and let fresh air in. Use air purifiers to get rid of viruses, dust, and bacteria.
Inviting guests into your home is like showing them a side of yourself; the personal part, that is. You want them to get to know you more. However, you need to make your house presentable. The list presented here should help you do just that. Thus, get your cleaning tools ready for some action.
Joanna J. Larose
Joanna J. Larose is a proud homemaker. She has a curated website intended for fellow homemakers. She spends most of her day writing for her upcoming book.
- The Best Ways To Keep Kids Busy Over the Holidays
- 8 Exciting Traditions For Your Family This Holiday Season
- Do These 5 Things Before Your Family Holiday
- Unique Holiday Activities To Do With the Family
- Ways To Prepare for Christmas Early This Year
- How I Prepare for the Upcoming Holiday Season