These movies about racism on Netflix capture the African-American experience. Racism movies on Netflix chronicle the personal experiences with racism of Black Americans from the 1960s to current times. (Find more Black movies on Netflix.)
What is race?
Race is a concept used in the categorization of humans into groups, called races or racial groups, based on combinations of shared physical traits, ancestry, genetics, and social or cultural traits. (Source)
What is racism?
Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity. (Source)
These racism movies on Netflix include documentaries, classic movies, and modern biographical dramas.
Add these movies about racism to your Netflix list.
More Movies About Racism on Netflix:
- Black History Movies on Netflix
- Movies About The African-American Experience on Netflix
- Slavery Movies on Netflix
- Civil Rights Movies on Netflix
- Black Documentaries On Netflix
- Segregation Movies on Netflix
All of these movies about racism on Netflix are current, but that is subject to change without notice.
13 MOVIES ABOUT RACISM ON NETFLIX
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Atticus Finch defends an innocent black man against rape charges but ends up in a maelstrom of hate and prejudice. (Watch on Netflix)
- 13th – In this thought-provoking documentary, scholars, activists and politicians analyze the criminalization of African Americans and the U.S. prison boom. (Watch on Netflix)
- The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution – Police informants, journalists, supporters and detractors contribute to this documentary look at the history of the controversial Black Panther Party. (Watch on Netflix)
- KKK: The Fight for White Supremacy – Members of the Ku Klux Klan speak openly about their supremacist ideology and how they believe white Americans must prepare for a race war. (Watch on Netflix)
- American Experience: Ruby Ridge A botched attempt to arrest a white supremacist in Idaho results in a gun battle, a standoff and three deaths that galvanize public opinion in 1992.- (Watch on Netflix)
- Accidental Courtesy – This documentary follows African American musician Daryl Davis, who’s been making it his mission to meet and greet racists to change their minds. (Watch on Netflix)
- Fruitvale Station – This dramatic rendering of a real-life tragedy recounts the final hours of Oscar Grant, shot by San Francisco transit police on New Year’s Day, 2009. (Watch on Netflix)
- Seven Seconds – The death of a 15-year-old African American boy in Jersey City sets off a police cover-up and a search for the truth. (Watch on Netflix)
- Dear White People – Students of color navigate the daily slights and slippery politics of life at an Ivy League college that’s not nearly as “post-racial” as it thinks. (Watch on Netflix)
- Little Boxes – After moving from New York City to a small town in Washington state, an interracial couple and their preteen son struggle to adjust to their new life.
(Watch on Netflix)
- Trevor Noah: Afraid of the Dark – The “Daily Show” host ponders the perils of naming countries, how traffic lights turn New Yorkers invincible and why you shouldn’t drink in Scotland. (Watch on Netflix)
- Ken Burns: The Civil War -Ken Burns’s documentary depicts the action of famous Civil War battles, and relates the stories of soldiers, generals and a beleaguered president. (Watch on Netflix)
- Black Man, White Skin – This film chronicles the health and social problems that African albinos face and details the fight waged on their behalf by advocacy groups in Spain. (Watch on Netflix)
Who would have thought there would be so many movies about racism on Netflix?
Download this list of 10 Movies About Race on Netflix
Click the button below to see more Movies on Netflix: