These Black documentaries on Netflix feature historical documentaries the lives of Black and African-American people in the recent history.
What are Black documentaries? They can open windows to our past. Through the lens of talented filmmakers, we can re-live iconic moments in history.
Documentaries offer rich insight into our society and culture, connect us to some of our proudest and most shameful moments in American history, and remind us of how far we’ve come. What follows is a list of powerful documentaries exploring Black history and culture in America.
These are great selections to add to your Netflix list.
What better way to celebrate the weekend than by binge-watching Netflix?
All the titles listed are currently on Netflix, but that is subject to change without notice.
20 BLACK DOCUMENTARIES ON NETFLIX
- Last Chance U
- Chris Brown Welcome To My Life
- Friday Night Tykes
- Time: The Kalief Browder Story
- Women Behind Bars
- Hard Time
- I Am Bolt
- Pygmies: The Children of the Jungle
- Kardashian: The Man Who Saved O.J. Simpson
- Hip-Hop Evolution
- BMF: The Rise And Fall Of A Hip Hop Drug Empire
- Dawg Fight
- Biggie And Tupac
- Ct Fletcher: My Magnificent Obsession
- Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown
- Maya Angelou And Still I Rise
Download this list of 19 Black Documentaries on Netflix
Click the button below to see more Movies on Netflix:
Do you have any favorite Black documentaries on Netflix?
MORE MOVIES ABOUT BLACK HISTORY AND THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN EXPERIENCE ON NETFLIX:
- 15 Kids’ Black History Movies on Netflix
- 20 Black History Movies on Netflix
- 10 Black History Movies on Netflix
- Movies About The African-American Experience on Netflix
- 9 Slavery Movies on Netflix
- 10 Segregation Movies on Netflix
- 10 Civil Rights Movies on Netflix
- 20 Black Documentaries On Netflix
- 9 Black Christmas Movies on Netflix
- 10 Black Power Movies on Netflix
I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam. I received a complimentary subscription and device. All opinions and selections are my own.