Bladder leakage is not something to be ashamed of or to be suffering from in silence. Learn about the eight lies people tell and the real truths.
One thing you don’t want to have to worry about while you’re doing everyday things like sneezing, coughing, or laughing is…letting out a little trickle.
You may associate bladder leakage with old age – a problem that your parents or grandparents have to deal with. But, moms of all ages can tell you that bladder leakage can affect us, too.
After childbirth, let’s just say that all of your muscles don’t function the way they used to. Bladder leakage can happen while performing any strenuous activity.
Weakened muscles around the bladder and pelvis make it harder for you to control when urine starts — or when it stops.
8 Lies You May Have Been Told About Bladder Leakage
Myth #1: If I start and stop my urine flow I will build better bladder muscles.
Actually this can cause overactive bladder. Once you start, continue until your bladder is empty.
Myth #2: A little leakage when I cough or sneeze is normal.
Yes, it may be expected (especially after childbirth), but it doesn’t have to stay that way. Consult your doctor for treatment options.
Myth #3: Bladder leakages only happen to elderly people.
Unless you define elderly as 40 and under, this is a problem women of childbearing age and older experience.
Myth #4: If I do Kegels, I won’t have any problems, even when older.
While Kegels decrease the risk, it doesn’t always solve the problem. You often need a backup.
Myth #5: You should always go to the bathroom when you first feel the urge “to go”—who knows where the next clean bathroom might be?
It is a good idea to go when you have to, but don’t let it control your life (or treat yourself like a potty training toddler).
Myth #6: If I have a big problem with urinary incontinence, surgery is my best option.
Myth #7: I am the only woman in my 20’s, 30’s or 40’s who has this problem.
Nearly half of all women 40 and under who have had children experience bladder leakage. You are not alone sister!
Myth #8: Pelvic exercises are useful only if you have bladder issues.
In addition to reducing bladder leakage, Kegels can make your bedroom experience better, too. 😉
So what should you do about bladder leakage? Use a product that quickly locks away wetness and protects against incontinence odor to help keep you fresh and dry.
Poise® incontinence panty liners stay 3X drier than leading regular size feminine care liners where needed most because they are specifically designed for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). The Absorb-Loc core quickly locks away wetness and protects against incontinence odor to help keep you fresh and dry. Now THINNER, Same Protection.
Poise® Maximum Absorbency Pads provide even more absorbency, giving you the confidence and protection you need. In addition to the Absorb-Loc® core quickly locking away wetness and odor, the Leak-Block* sides give you discreet and worry-free protection. The Dry-Touch® layer helps keep you feeling dry and fresh. Specifically designed for Bladder Leakage.
First, I went to my local Sam’s Club and purchased Poise® incontinence panty liners.
For Very Light Coverage
– Specifically designed for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL), Poise® incontinence liners stay 3X drier than leading period-only liners**. The panty liner’s absorb-loc® core quickly locks away wetness and odor to help keep you fresh and dry.
– Up to $4 in savings!
For Light Coverage
Poise® Pads – Maximum Absorbency (5 dot):
– Poise® Maximum Absorbency Pads provide even more absorbency to give you the confidence and protection you need for your Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). Our absorb-loc® core quickly locks away wetness and odor, while the leak-block* sides provide discreet and worry-free protection.
– Up to $7 in savings!
Why I Shop at Sam’s Club
These are available at your local Sam’s Club. I love these benefits of being a Sam’s Club member:
- Free shipping on Most Feminine Products. No need to shop in-store. Have your order shipped right to your front door.
- Club Pickup. If you’d rather pick up your order, instead of waiting for delivery, order online and pick up in-store. No waiting!
- Save time with subscriptions. Subscribe today and get your must-haves shipped on a regular schedule of your choice.
Thank you to Poise® for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try their products!
Are you embarrassed by LBL?
More Posts About Bladder Leakage and LBL:
- 5 Unexpected Ways Childbirth Changes Your Body
- 5 Simple & Easy Ways Moms Can Laugh Everyday
- Can’t Miss Tips for Bladder Leakage, Especially for Moms
- Don’t Let Bladder Leakage Slow You Down
- How Moms Change After Childbirth #Underwareness #DropYourPants